Greetings! - Personal Introduction

Hello, my name is Aaron. I am from Indiana currently living in Atlanta, GA.

I am very active in music around the city. I study voice and performance. I sing at different lounges, cafes, etc. around the city. I also love foreign languages!

I started lucid dreaming when I was really young, maybe 5-6, and have been very interested in it ever since. It has always been a major part of my life. I seriously started studying last December; so, my LD anniversary is coming up. Ever since then I have had perhaps 30 lucid dreams over the past year.

My first lucid dream was a repetitive dream about witches chasing my from the side of my grandmother’s house. The figure behind the dream spoke to me and told me “When you take three more steps, look up, there will be three witches in the sky coming to chase you”. I counted my steps and looked up. Indeed, very tiny, then larger and larger, three witches came from the sky. This time I was prepared. I knocked the middle one off her broom, took it, and flew away. In that moment I also learned how to fly.

One of my most interesting LDs this year was a dream that took me into being lucid in the non-dream state. I went to change the dream by using a door. I went through the door and my dream ended. There was nothing, including no “me” either. Everything seemed to be one. I was one with everything and there was only my awareness/consciousness. It was very pleasant and calming. Then a few minutes later another dream came and I witnessed it develop.

My current goals are to refine induction techniques so that I can lucid dream more easily and more frequently. I want to do this so I can use lucid dreaming to develop my spiritual life and to contribute to my personal development.

I am very pleased to meet you all! I am glad to be apart of this community with you wonderful beings and hope that we can all learn and grow together.

8 Likes

Hi Aaron, welcome to the club! Thanks for sharing your cool witches dream and door dream. :slight_smile:

~ArthurG

4 Likes

Hey @awalker54 great to see your introduction pop back into the main feed - and re-read it after having a chance to meet you at different NC events. Really nice to hear your story and happy you’re here! See you around The Club :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sarah

1m

Hello, I thought I’d say hi on a thread instead of creating a new one. Hello Aaron and everyone!
I’m from the UK, currently living in Devon. I do gain lucidity in my dreams although the amount of time I am lucid varies as does the level of lucidity. I had the best lucid dream I have had yet about a month ago. I was lucid for what felt like the entire dream and I managed to do all kinds of things that I’ve been hearing others do for ages, like walking through solid objects (the window), aware from one dream finishing to another starting and experiencing nothing but darkness in between and more, but I have now forgotten doh! I am a little haphazard and I didn’t write it down! My intention now is to organise my self more and cultivate a better routine for recording my dreams.
I have never studied Buddhism, so I am finding Andrew’s depth of knowledge fascinating. I also enjoying listening to all of your questions and insights on Thursday nights.
Sara

4 Likes

Do you engage in any daytime practices or before-bed activities to help with lucidity?

2 Likes

Hi Barry,
Yeah: I do reality checks often, where look at my hands and turn them over to see if they change. I also look at road signs to see if they change. I have post-it’s around my house to remind me to check if I’m dreaming and I’ve been practising yoga nidra.
sorry for the late reply I hadn’t noticed your post.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any favorite Yoga Nidra recordings?

1 Like

I’ve been using I-rest on audible

2 Likes

Great. Which one, there are several?

1 Like

I think there’s only one I’m not sure what it’s called

1 Like

Thanks, probably Richard Miller. He’s the author of this version of Yoga Nidra. We use it at the Veteran’s Administration on Thursday nights over the telephone, if you can believe that.

1 Like

Only occasionally, since very BZ these days. You can sometimes hear snoring in the background.

1 Like