How to pick groups

Also, thank you AaronJolly for that info, that was quite helpful. I suppose the next step would be finding a teacher and community. To answer the question of Allison and ArthurG:
First Hello! Second, for lucid dreaming in general I’m gonna be honest - in my most lofty and probably long term aspiration is I want to use the dream practices to completely free myself and become the next level of a whatever it is a human can be. I feel as though conscious dreaming is a panacea for humanity and would go as far as to say it is the most important thing we could be doing with our lives. For myself, I believe it IS the most important thing.
On the less lofty side, the fufulliment of my desires (like making out with cute Aliens, transforming into a giant and destroying a town, making friends with dream characters, and figuring out way to express myself) is almost equally important. I want to know and speak with all the parts of my psyche and actually know them, and face the parts I’ve neglected.

As for a school/practice, I’m quite interested in in-person, serious, work that is not white-washed.
Id like to have a teacher/school particularly working with Vajrayana , from AaronJolly’s description.
(although Dzogchen and Mahamudra sounds like its along the right lines as well)
ideally if I could devote myself full time to it somehow, (as I feel like the 9-5 struggle is simply a way to keep us FROM focusing on our souls directive) that is what I’d like to do… unsure if that can happen right now though, I would settle for whatever I can.

3 Likes