Liminal Dreaming event in San Francisco July 10th (want to meet?)

I attended the event which was terrific. I found Jennifer highly thoughtful and learned, not only about Liminal Dreaming, a practice she has labeled and branded as such, but which encompasses Hypnagogia and Hypnopompia with which many of us have some cursory familiarity, She is also learned about dream practice from a broader standpoint. Jennifer in her talk and her book “Liminal Dreaming” takes these two practices which bracket sleep itself (i.e. occur before and after what we think of as sleep), to a thoughtful and refined level. She is passionate about using both as a platform for a different type of dreaming which she contends are easier to access and have different qualities.

I must say that I do find the two states to be easier to access than lucidity in general, but they can also act as a springboard to lucidity which I have experienced in my own night-time practice. My issue with hypnagogia (besides its spelling) is that I have previously viewed its only value as doorway to lucidity. Jennifer maintains that it’s a valuable full-fledged dreaming practice unto itself, and one that I intend to explore with the help of her book and website. I recommend others who may be curious to do so as well.

Moreover, I think she would be a fine subject expert for Andrew to interview.

Thanks, Arthur, for calling attention to her. I enjoyed spending time with you and Alyson (sp?) after the event in downtown SF.
Martin

4 Likes