YOGA NIDRA - resources (esp. free tracks)

With the recent Richard Miller interview on the subject, and Jennifer Dumpert also extolling the virtues of yoga nidra, I’m curious to try this again. Does anyone have any resources for yoga nidra you would particularly recommend?

Below, links to some free yoga nidra audio I found online. (I have not tried any of these yet.)

Yoga Nidra for Sleep (Jennifer Piercy, 20 minutes)

Free yoga nidras - Yoga Nidra Network (a couple of hundred tracks to stream or download, usefully divided into various categories)

Yoga Nidra “Unwind” - ~16 minutes, Lily Goncalves (it’s about halfway down the page; I think it also offers to email it to you)

Yoga London - Our 5 Favorite Free Yoga Nidra Sessions

Jennifer Raye - 30 minute guided yoga nidra

2 yoga nidra tracks + pranayama - Sharon Hills-Bonczyk

Yoga Nidra 20 Minute Guided Meditation(Youtube)

Yoga Nidra - Meditation & Guided Relaxation Training Script (YouTube, 16 minutes)

Yoga Nidra - Short 10min Guided Relaxation Meditation (YouTube)

~~

If you try any of these and would recommend particular tracks, please let us know. Ditto if you have other yoga nidra resources of note, or would like to share any of your experiences with this practice. :smile:

~ArthurG

4 Likes

I particularly liked Yoga Nidra: Sleep Sessions with Jennifer Piercy, which did help me fall asleep several times last night. Purchased the entire album. Thanks for the recommendation.

3 Likes

Hi! I am in the process of taking a Yoga Nidra class with Dr. Clare Johnson. I’m finding it extremely helpful in exploring my hypnagogia and I’ve been able to move directly into lucid dreaming with this practice. I do believe that once the class is over she will be offering the guided experiences online in some form (Clare has a wonderful voice for this). I will let you know once she does.

4 Likes

You’re right, she has an excellent voice for this. It does make a difference. Looking forward to hearing more when the recordings become available. Are you training to make your own recordings too?

2 Likes

No - I think I’ll just stick to the dreaming part - I’ll leave the talking to the experts! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hey thanks steppo, glad to hear stellar Night Club guest Clare Johnson is doing Yoga Nidra. Yes, please do let us know if/when those guided experiences become available. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi!
Just an fyi… Dr Clare Johnson has her Yoga Nidra class now on Teachable -
“Yoga Nidra for Lucid Dreaming, Healing, & Blissful Sleep”

4 Likes