šŸ˜“ Dream Sharing Group Update

@ArthurG
I have donā€™t yet have access to VR equipment but that format sounds fascinating.
Thanks for your feedback, yes so true about budget and also local opportunities.
Iā€™m thinking of tribal communities and how dream sharing was closely woven into the culture and given huge importance - as it was recognised that the imagination was the key to enlightened living.

So sad that in our ā€˜civilisedā€™ society as a whole - weā€™re steered toward trivialising dreams and imagination and shutting down our creativity thus.

Be great to see dream sharing used in workplaces, schools, prisons and all institutions alike.

Since joining nightclub my two young adult sons and I have been sharing our dreams and using techniques learnt in Toni Pā€™s sessions to wonderful effect.

:pray:t3::crystal_ball::prayer_beads::earth_americas::star2:

2 Likes

Thank you, @Loraine and Iā€™m happy to know that you have been able to apply things you learned from our group into your life! I hope to see you again one day!

2 Likes

Thanks @_Barry for answering so thoroughly. @ArthurG I remember you well, and sorry you had that experience before I was leading! I have other things in mind that I am going to implement in order to keep the group to people that are serious about the subject, and not just there for a one-off. As far as being late, I will allow it for regulars who I know are serious and will not be distracting upon entry, but I will not for newcomers. Thanks for bringing this up. I wondered why you didnā€™t continue and the feedback is useful. <3

3 Likes

Yes, while dream sharing group can be therapeutic, it is by no means, therapy, and should not replace such. It is a Sangha- a sacred space to be in the company of pure existence where we can engage in spiritual learning through community. In this group, itā€™s with a focus on dreaming and lucid dreaming. I will ensure going forward that the perception is such and, as therapeutic and helpful it may be for for our minds, spiritual learning and practices, disclaimers will be made to articulate the importance of understanding that this group is not to be considered therapy or a place for psychological help.

5 Likes

3 Likes

@toneironaut Yes I have actually really missed the groupā€™s energy. I too hope to see you again - sooner rather than later.

Namaste & hugs :purple_heart::heart::orange_heart:

2 Likes

Are there any updates on this? Iā€™m intrigued by what people are saying about how the dream group changed over time, and considering rejoining if it fits my schedule. I emailed @toneironaut several days ago and havenā€™t heard anything so far

3 Likes

We skipped this weekend due to personal commitments and Andrewā€™s Shambhala retreat, which some of us attended. You should hear from Toni by the weekend as she is juggling several things and is an excellent group facilitator.

3 Likes

Barry, is it being held at a regular time, and if so, what is that? If the time/day donā€™t work for me, itā€™ll be a very easy decision on whether to give it a whirl :grinning:

2 Likes

My understanding is that it will continue on Sundays at the same time, 11:00AM MT, 10 AM on the west coast and 1:00PM for us on the East Coast. Not exactly sure in Europe or South America. Thatā€™s unofficial till Toni emails participants as she will be the host, but that is where we left it, all the participants present two weeks ago in agreement. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Yep, it totally helps ā€“ I canā€™t make that time. My schedule was pretty full anyway, so thatā€™s easy. :grinning:

2 Likes

Scott, check with Toni who will be assuming the hosting duties and asks that people contact her directly if interested. Should be a meeting tomorrow but as yet, havenā€™t gotten word from her. UPDATE: With the Labor Day weekend it might be next week. toneironaut@gmail.com

3 Likes

Should be this one but not sure. It would be early on in one of the questions.

2 Likes

what the use of the group?

1 Like

We share our dreams, with particular focus on sharing our practice regarding cultivating lucidity in dreams. It is not a therapy group where focus in on interpreting or exploring the meaning of dream content in a personal psychological way. In doing this dream sharing, we also support each other in waking day practice of dream yoga concepts. Toni is an excellent leader and offers good feedback and information that adds to developing lucid dream practice. The group has been kind, interesting and supportive. I have found it to be a good sangha where we have an opportunity to get to know each other moreso than in the larger group meetings. I have loved having both and for me they work well together. Kind of feel sorry it has had to separate from night club but I also get the potential legal concerns.

2 Likes

is lucid dreaming make any sense? I only know LD made a new creativity, wishes, or doing what we want to do ā€¦ are there any other excess or benefit?

1 Like

Lots of resources here Aisyah that address that question. Check here, and here, and here and here, and finally a little advanced here too.

2 Likes

Scott, it was a few weeks ago and it was a short answer to a question. He was advised by some others who had experience with online content that such a group could lead to legal exposure if psychological advice were given, followed, and potentially cause harm. There will be another Hangout this week, Thursday, September 16, and why not ask him then? Since it was your suggestion that got the group going, he could certainly clear up any misunderstanding. You can also email him directly. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi Barry!
Is dream sharing group still going?
How can I register?
Thank you!

3 Likes

Elena, please email Toni who is the host and asks that people contact her directly if interested. toneironaut@gmail.com. Weā€™re not meeting tomorrow or next week, Halloween :japanese_ogre:, but email her for all the specifics. Hope this helps.

3 Likes