A Hockey Hello From Minnesota

Hi everyone, I am really excited to join this community. I have had hints in life to lead me to exploring lucid dreaming. Many amazing mentors have led me to explore this. I have an interest in Feldenkrais awareness through movement, and a friend of mine who has studied with Feldenkrais practitioners mentions a book written by Moshe, titled, “Elusive Obvious.” I have not read the book, yet, but I can apply that phrase to the fact that my name is Rem. I think it may have been elusively obvious that I desire to explore lucid dreaming. It only recently hit me that my name is Rem and that is when the lucid dreams occur. I currently am pursing a professional hockey career in the NHL. There is only so much time in the day to explore my additional interests and hobbies as hockey training takes up a large amount of my time and energy. As a hockey player sleep is a major ingredient in my recovery and what a fantastic way to have a “2 for 1” if you will. I look forward to getting to know you all online, and see where this journey takes us. Hope everyone is fantastic!

• Rem Pitlick
7 Likes

Welcome to the “Dream” Team, where our nighttime activities are usually not as rough as daytime skating on the ice. One of the things Andrew Holececk discusses is how many athletes, musicians and others are using lucid dreaming/dream yoga to practice their skills in their dreams with success. I remember Charlie Morley, another Lucid Dreaming teacher, recounting how has been able to practice his kick-boxing moves in lucid dreams and having that make a difference during daytime matches. I’m not sure if that is part of your intention, thought it may be worth exploring.

2 Likes

Hi Rem and all dreamers,
just wanted to say howdy and comment on Feldenkrais. I think that is one of the first methods that helped wake me up (as well as ease pain and tension). It also quieted the mind a lot, at first just during sessions. So many of us are ‘all in our heads’, and just becoming aware of what’s going on in our bodies is a huge thing and is a gradual process. Feldenkrais can be a great daytime practice to increase awareness. When I started with Feldenkrais, I didn’t even know what was meant by ‘check in with your body’ :smirk: It’s a very subtle method but extremely powerful. Thanks for mentioning the book Elusive Obvious. Love the title; haven’t read it.

3 Likes

Thanks for saying hello. Awesome that you do Feldenkrais as well! This is so cool to be a part of this group and how alive this is. You guys are responding so fast! Crazy cool all this connectedness

1 Like

Thanks for saying hi and commenting on my dream mask question. I have read one of Charlie’s books and he did mention that. My intention for lucid dreaming is what you described above, refining and engaging my skill development in my dreams. Another part of my intention is physical healing. I asked Andrew about it and he said to view interview with Robert Waggoner on NC site. If you have any connections regarding lucid dream sports practice and physical healing please let me know!

1 Like

@lupine I didn’t reply directly to your comment so I just wanted to tag you so you saw that I did! thanks for saying hi!

Either or both . . .?

If you have connections to both that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Also I am messing around on the site and are you constantly on here or do you have notifications coming on your phone or email or just checking in always?

1 Like

@_Barry I currently have my notifications as watching. Thanks for your patience as I get a feel for the way this site runs

2 Likes

Hey Rem this post got cycled back to the Night Club recent posts and had me wondering how the hockey season went (aside from obvious covid challenges) and if you had any success working any of these teachings into your training regimen?

2 Likes

Hi Eric, delayed response here but season was very interesting but all things in mind, it turned out pretty good and everything got completed. And yes I have been using LD in my training regime. Hope u are fantastic!!

2 Likes

Would like to hear/read more about this. Thanks.

1 Like