Asking myself if this is a dream... and failing

I’m taking it what you’ve said about lucidity blossoming and then the first ray (I think I’ve also read/heard on numerous occasions something along the lines “you’ll know when you’re there”. I feel like I’m not there (and that’s quite all right, even if I want to be there) but I also attach value to those dreams that include decision-making, thoughts etc (it’s just that I’m witnessing rather than acting), feels like I’m getting close and just need to put my head above the water (my metaphor again).

I just realized today there are zoom session and couldn’t really take part (working late) but did log in and then checked the transcript. AH was referring to my question but focused on borderline more than avoidant personality disorder (I was asking if they are known to prevent LD); he mentioned personal experiences and offered a kind warning (Maybe I’m just reading too much into it, but he seemed worried/triggered a bit - I’ve always been a rather mild case BPD-wise (it can get way worse then I’ve ever been) and that’s mostly thanks to avoidance. Maladaptive as it is it used to protect me. After therapy and lots of work on my own afterwards, avoidance feels like a burden now. (DSM-wise I no longer meet the diagnostic criteria for either). AH also talked about protectors, and that’s another avenue I was considering (feeling “protected” from LD) I’m only roughly aware of the concept - is that how they would work in case there’s a point to AH’s warning? (definitely would love to get pointed in the direction of some more info on that)

1 Like

Here is the chat transcript which has a few links you might find of interest. It’s the chatter from the group while the webinar progresses.

6:06:06 From Tim Hawk to Everyone : Hello
16:06:38 From Marianne Kreissig to Everyone : This interview (Krishna Das) is amazing!! Thank you so much!
16:07:05 From Esther to Everyone : hello everyone!
16:07:55 From Kirsten Roth to Everyone : Any suggested reading/prep for next weekend’s class?
16:08:33 From Stephanie Savage to Everyone : Namaste from Bennington, Vermont
16:10:44 From Andy K. - Moderator to Everyone : [LINK] Actually, We Don’t Need More Empathy - Actually, We Don’t Need More Empathy
16:11:10 From Chantal Scerri to Everyone : Thanks Andy!
16:11:34 From Marianne Kreissig to Everyone : Thank you
16:17:27 From Tanja to Everyone : Ken Wilber offers his long podcast ”Wicked problems: gun violence” free until 3/31 in response to the tragic shootings in Boulder. Link: Wicked Problems: Gun Violence – Integral Life
16:21:41 From Quilley Powers to Everyone : There’s one more victim. The Villain. He was a young muslim who had been relentlessly bullied all through his school years. He also needs our Tonglen, as does his family. May they find ease. They may be driven out of Boulder.
16:22:03 From Chantal Scerri to Everyone : Great reminder Quilley!
16:22:21 From Beatrice to Everyone : Thank you, Quilley.
16:22:40 From Virginia Bower to Everyone : Thank you, Tanja, and thanks so much, Quilley, for this reminder.
16:23:05 From FUSION’s iPad to Everyone : Thanks,Quilley.I’m so glad to hear someone say that
16:23:15 From Lindsay Schachinger to Everyone : “May they be driven out of Boulder?” I don’t get that.
16:24:02 From Laura Kelly to Everyone : thank you Tanja! I agree Quilley. I have been including him and his family in my tonglen meditations
16:25:19 From Lindsay Schachinger to Everyone : Sorry, I misread.
16:29:40 From Eveline to Everyone : :slight_smile:
16:29:52 From Andy K. - Moderator to Everyone : [LINK] Follow the live transcript —> Note
16:30:59 From Barry to Everyone : In the transcription
16:33:28 From Barry to Everyone : apology accepted
16:35:55 From Mayra Lorenzana-Miles to Everyone : How does the protector principle relates to the principle that emptiness protects itself :smirk::pray:
16:36:25 From Val Farr to Everyone : Yes Please
16:36:32 From kandyhirsch to Everyone : Yes!
16:36:35 From Patricia Hampton to Everyone : yes, please do!
16:36:35 From Barry to Everyone : Would really like more of that
16:36:39 From Chantal Scerri to Everyone : I had the same experience. On a walk on a trail and something told me not to go further. Sure enough, I saw further down the frozen river there was a pack of coyotes I would have very close to. I turn around and ran the other way…
16:36:41 From letitiaevon to Everyone : Yes Please!
16:37:10 From Lynne to Everyone : Yes! from me too re: a session on the protectors
16:37:36 From Laura Kelly to Everyone : yes! yes! Protectors
16:37:56 From J Larson to Everyone : How spell the protector he is talking about?
16:37:59 From Chris Beljour to Everyone : Protectors…Yes, please!
16:38:15 From Eveline to Everyone : Ekajati
16:38:21 From Peg to Everyone : Yes, please protectors.
16:38:43 From Christopher to Everyone : https://www.tibettravel.org/tibetan-buddhism/six-protectors-of-tibetan-buddhism.html#:~:text=%20The%20Six%20Protectors%20of%20Tibetan%20Buddhism%20,and%20venerated%20as%20the%20Goddess%20of...%20More%20
16:38:55 From Christopher to Everyone : Tibetean protectors
16:39:45 From Kathy Merlau Rhyne to Everyone : Thank you, Christopher! :yellow_heart:
16:40:17 From Barry to Everyone : THANKS!
16:40:40 From Barry to Everyone : Had my own protector experience. Great to hear it’s not just my mind
16:41:59 From Marilyn Collier to Everyone : Andrew—why Manjurshri? M
16:43:06 From iPhone to Everyone : Do only vajrayana practitioners do protector practices?
16:44:32 From Kirsten Roth to Everyone : Not necessarily
16:46:21 From iPhone to Everyone : Yes
16:46:37 From Debbie Murphy she/her to Everyone : Lovely idea! :heart_eyes:
16:51:36 From Jolene Monheim to Everyone : Hi Andrew, can you make a distinction between open awareness and non-meditation? Thanks!
16:54:05 From Ralph Goodrum to Everyone : Dharma Protectors Series | Lotsawa House
16:59:28 From Candida Maurer to Everyone : I’m practicing the Headless Way right now. Seems like it’s open awareness.
17:00:58 From Candida Maurer to Everyone : Thank you for your answer!
17:05:29 From Andy K. - Moderator to Everyone : “I’m doing everything I can” :slight_smile:
17:05:48 From Kirsten Roth to Everyone : Sorry I need to sign off…
17:17:38 From Chantal Scerri to Everyone : Rahim asked me to post the neuroscientist teacher that encourages sungazing. He is on Instagram and did a video teaching post on it. His name is Andrew Huberman.
17:21:13 From J Larson to Everyone : Empty of self is full of all.
17:21:54 From Barry to Everyone : Manjushri is reputed to have created the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal with his blade. God of Wisdom.
17:22:37 From Peg to Everyone : Could the names of Andrew is mentioning be posted? A visual aid, so to say. Thanks
17:22:38 From Laura Kelly to Everyone : Andrew, no need to apologize for Manjushri aspect! I love that about you.
17:27:09 From Barry to Peg(Direct Message) : Prajñāpāramitā (female) Manjushri (male) Andrew joked he’s in the middle
17:30:23 From catherine to Everyone : What is the author’s name of the book: Behave?
17:30:56 From Tim Hawk to Everyone : Thanks!
17:31:17 From Kimberly Amatullah to Everyone : Thank you :pray:
17:31:20 From Peg to Everyone : Thank you
17:31:21 From Eveline to Everyone : Thanks Andrew and Andy! Thanks everyone :slight_smile:
17:31:23 From Tim Hawk to Everyone : Namaste
17:31:29 From Kathy Merlau Rhyne to Everyone : Thanks Andrew!
17:31:30 From Chris Beljour to Everyone : Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks, I was actually reading the transcript on otter.ai just as the event finished and didn’t check the chat. Definitely need to check how the nightclub works, and try listening to the recording for - let’s call it that - emotional audio cues ;).