Big Bang a Big Bust?

These articles summarize some remarkable data from the Webb telescope, is turning cosmology on its head. In short, the Big Bang may be a Big Bust. I’m sure plenty of astronomers are having sleepless nights!

3 Likes

From the article:
Readers may well be wondering at this point why they have not read of this collapse of the Big Bang hypothesis in major media outlets by now and why the authors of so many recent papers have not pointed to this collapse themselves. The answer lies in what I term the “Emperor’s New Clothes Effect”—if anyone questions the Big Bang, they are labeled stupid and unfit for their jobs. Unfortunately, funding for cosmology comes from a very few government sources controlled by a handful of committees that are dominated by Big Bang theorists. These theorists have spent their lives building the Big Bang theory. Those who openly question the theory simply don’t get funded.

This sounds a bit over the top and paranoid. “Established” science doesn’t turn on a dime. People need their time to digest and adapt. It’s only the question of how everything came to be. Maybe the reason readers have not read of the collapse of the Big Bang hypothesis is that it has not collapsed. Maybe it will collapse, maybe it will not. If it does, it will not happen over night. I also doubt that those who question the hypothesis are labeled stupid.

1 Like

I assume you’re going to post the update @Andrew (or whoever manages his social media accounts) has been posting on Twitter and Facebook, No, James Webb Space Telescope Images Do Not Debunk the Big Bang: The JWST provides an intriguing look at the early universe, but it’s not yet rewriting fundamental theories of the cosmos.

1 Like

Already posted here Does Consciousness Pervade the Universe? - #14 by _Barry

You both beat me to it!

1 Like
1 Like