Dream Yoga: More Than Lucid Dreaming

Dream yoga in Buddhism came about as a way to prepare for death. When you know how to wake up in your dreams, you transform sleep into a window to the deepest experiences of reality. In this short introductory video, dream yoga expert Andrew Holecek offers a brief background into what dream yoga is. He explains how people that meditate regularly have more lucid dreams. And you’ll be given some techniques to induce lucid dreams. He also talks about some of the fun things you are able to do with dream yoga, such as fly or walk through walls. For a more in depth exploration of dream yoga, check out his 6 CD set on dream yoga sold by Sounds True.

Published by Andrew Holecek on YouTube.

3 Likes

Listened to CD course many times and read the book. However, it’s apparent that my lucid dreaming nights are past, due to several factors I can’t control. That’s fine. I have accomplished all I ever wanted to in oneironautics, and have practiced most of the dream yoga exercises as well. I am only interested these days in sleep yoga.

Ancient wisdom says that we are all in fact conscious in deep dreamless sleep, but have no memory of that experience because there is no duality or content. This raises the question of whether sleep yoga as described is truly possible, and what does it say about consciousness. Can there be pure “I” awareness if there is no “other”?

3 Likes

Welcome, psirotta. I’m very curious as to why you believe your lucid dreaming nights are past, if you feel comfortable sharing that. It sounds like you are focusing on sleep yoga, which is great. I’m under the impression that if you become lucid in deep dreamless sleep, you’re more likely to have spontaneous lucid dreams as well.

~ArthurG

2 Likes

Ditto to ArthurG’s response.

2 Likes