Hello from Spain

Hello, everyone. My nam is Jose. I found out about lucid dreaming just two months ago. Since then I have read a lot of books, listened to several podcast, watch several you tube videos. I am trying every night but I don’t get any result. Only thing that has changed is I’m starting to remember dreams every morning. Not all the details but every day I remember something. I am trying with the hypnagogic because I can feel something is happening but I fall sleep and that’s it. And wake and go to bed. I wake up at 4, and then back to bed. But again, fall sleep. I know it takes time so I try no get discouraged. Any advise? Thank you.

4 Likes

Welcome to the “Club.” Are you writing down your dreams? One of the first things you hear is to keep a journal so that those dreams you do have, have a recorded history. By keeping a record you encourage more dreams to be remembered, is the advice. Personally, it took about 6 months before I had my first lucid dream that I remembered. What books have you read? Do you have any daytime practices to help your nighttime dreaming efforts? Andrew writes a lot about illusory form and how to prepare for lucid dreaming. His article here has a lot of tips.

3 Likes

hi, thank you for your tips. Yes, I write down everything I remember. I have read Charley Morleys books, Steve La Berge, How to lucid app, and several podcast and videos. I hope l am closer to LD.

3 Likes

Sooner, rather than later! Amen.

Greetings, Jose. If you want to pursue the hypnagogic side of things more, I strongly recommend Jennifer Dumpert’s interview with Andrew. Her book on the subject, Liminal Dreaming: Exploring Consciousness at the Edges of Sleep is very interesting.

~ArthurG

2 Likes

Hey @Joe380
what helps me to greatly to increase the chance of dreaming lucidly is to go to bed earlier than usual and sleep in as long as possible (apart from all the other exercises like state checks, shamata meditation, etc.).
Keep working but don’t try to force it. Relax and keep working. it will come soon, but more like a flower that will bloom at its own time, when the conditions are right.

3 Likes