šŸ†’ I was killed and now Iā€™m reincarnated as a boy ā€” and I can prove it

Absolutely. I think not just those abilities are crushed at an early age, but also many others (clairvoyance, the ability to communicate with the dead or animals, visions of the future, etc, etc, etc).

Around ages 3-5 when children have developed strong language skills and can interact with parents and family is usually when their minds start to become shackeled and imprisoned by concepts.

1 Like

The reason I asked if you had watched his video series of his books, is because in one of the videos he says something very powerful:

He states something like, if you think you have come a long way on the spiritual path or if you believe you are a very open/evolved person, see how open you can be around news media that is the opposite of your political beliefs.

If you are conservative, turn on MSNBCs Rachel Madoff, and watch her, and see if you can truely give her your full awareness and an mind that is open to really listening to the narritive she is conveying. If you are a far left liberal, turn on Fox News and watch Sean Hannity, see if you can truely keep an open mind with what he is saying.

I LOVE Tucker Carlson on Fox. Hannity is still difficult at times for me to watch, but I have definitely warmed up to him over time. It helps to separate my relationship to his ego, from the message that he is conveying. His news stories have been very accurate over the past few years, but his stubborn, ruff around the edges, uncompromising ego rubs me the wrong way at times. (I realize this offers insights to my ego as well, and its projections :upside_down_face: )

I flip to CNN, and MSNBC from time to time, to see what narritives they are spewing out, and how those narritives relate to the ones Fox is spewing out. It is a mind opening process to be sure.

This site helps:

https://watchnewslive.tv/

1 Like

Good source. I frequent Real Clear Politics to get a more balanced view of the news with articles sequenced presenting opposing viewpoints on the same issue.

1 Like

Great link @_Barry , checked outmthe site, it does seem to give a relatively fair and balanced list of news articles. Will have to dig into it more over the next few days. Thank you

1 Like

TC is a fascist transphobic white supremacist, so itā€™s very interesting to know that you LOVE him. :thinking:

Being able to listen non-reactively to something that is contrary to oneā€™s beliefs/worldview is valuable. I suspect this is what @Andrew was getting at, but if you have a specific video clip to point me to, Iā€™d be happy to watch it.

Being able to critically evaluate information sources and recognize when a source is not reliable is an extremely important skill in a propaganda/misinformation rich environment such as the world we live in. I do not assess NYP as a reliable source of information. Your mileage may vary.

It is also very valuable to be able to critically evaluate sources of information that are telling you things you are inclined to believe already.

In any case, donā€™t worry, I get exposed to more than enough news media that is contrary to my political beliefs that I am uncomfortably aware of just how reactive I am to such material. :grinning:

As for reincarnation, I remain agnostic on the subject. If after being crushed to oblivion in the dying process my illusory self reincarnates in another body, cool beans.

Whatā€™s your definition of fascist? How does TC fit it? Asking for a friend since I donā€™t have TV service and donā€™t watch.

1 Like

I dont beloeve he is fascist, transphobic, or a white supremacist. Why you you think itā€™s very interesting that I love his show? I think his is one of the few boices out there for truth, but that doesnt mean he gets the truth right 100% of the time, no one does.

Absolutely, here are a few I found that I think disprove your prejudices of him being a white supremacist and being transphobic (not sure what your definition of fascist is, but if you can define it, I will be happy to try to find a clip that questions that as well):

I also really love Candice and Kanye, I do not think they are white supremacists:

Not a fan of the title, because I think it has been taken out of context, but a lack of empathy is a trait of psychopaths. (No doubt though, there are psychopaths in all political groups)

That is a very mature mindset, most people lack the awareness to even realize how reactive they get to material that questions their belief system. It is a threat to our egos in a way, and when the ego feels threatened or attacked it lashes out. Being aware of this is one of the first steps in growth. It will also make you more empathetic to other people while navigating and trying to dismantle their prejudices.

Back in my younger and more vulnerable years, I used to be a huge fan of John Stewart and his old show:

He grills Tucker pretty well, along with CNN.

Since Tucker has left CNN he has been branded with some very nasty labels, I wonder if it is because he now works for their biggest competitor?

1 Like

NightHawk999, Another useful skill is knowing when an online conversation is productive, and when it is time to bow out and do something more useful with my time. And with that, I bid you good night and sweet dreams.

Barry: Whatā€™s your definition of fascist? How does TC fit it? Asking for a friend since I donā€™t have TV service and donā€™t watch.

Iā€™d go along with this definition from Merriam-Webster:

As for how TC fits it, your friend could easily research this question and come to their own conclusions.

OK, so I think weā€™ve gone sufficiently far afield of the original topic of this thread. In conclusion, Iā€™m agnostic on the subject of reincarnation ā€“ meaning I neither believe nor disbelieve in it ā€“ and do not consider NYP a good source of information.

Sweet dreams everyone. :crazy_face:

A really powerful tool in ego work, is to reverse enginer our projections and prejudices, so take this statement, and rather that applying it TC, apply it to yourself, and see if it speaks any truth:

So you would say @ArthurG is a "fascist ", and see if any of that stament holds true? If it does, you are learning to work with shadow elements of the ego, which is very deep stuff!

Can you see how labeling someone with highly negatively charged words and accusations, is in a way a ā€˜forceful suppression of oppositionā€™? Esspecially when that opposition is people who hold opposing viewpoints.

I think the videos provided disprove the theory that he is transphobic and a white supremacist pretty clearly. A fascist transphobic white supremacist would never allow someone on their show to speak their opposing viewpoints, and they would never let someone who wasnt white have a voice on their platform.

A wise proverb is that we become what we fight.

Sometimes in fighting against intolerance, people become the very thing they are trying to destroy.

@NightHawk999 ā€¦ and yet again another forum thread is drifting into politicsā€¦ interesting that this keeps on repeating since a whileā€¦ hmmmā€¦

It is one thing to be lucid to oneā€™s own prejudices and do ā€œshadow workā€ ā€¦ but not at the cost of spiritual escapism, ignoring those aspects which we seem to like/identify with. Lucidity goes both ways. Why do we like or dislike something? Because it ressonates with our own karmic dispositions. To recognize this means to be lucid.

Does that mean that no actions of anyone in the physical world matter because ā€œitā€™s all in our headsā€?
No, that would be aform of Spiritual escapism and would be ignoring relative reality.

TC is a far-right echo chamber with a political extremist agenda. There are numerous references, hereā€™s just one one of them:

Lucidity is non-partisan.

2 Likes

Agreed KhyngMar, very well put.

I abosolutely agree with you. Shadow work is so important for everyone, myself included.

You could defintely say that I am a fascit towards intolerance, and do try to fight it when it arises :upside_down_face: . Its important to remind myself that being tolerant towards intolerance, is one of the most important aspects of tolerance. Otherwise you become what you are trying to fight.

One of the reasons I love Tuckers show so much is because he helped me do some of this shadow work a few years ago. This is why Andrews statement in the video resonated with me so deeply, I had done what he had said a years back before even hearing of Andrew. Its also a statement you will hear from very few liberals mouths, It made me respect him even more when I heard him say it.

In my hijgh school and higher level education years, I was bombarded by teachers who said to avoid Fox news at all costs, and if you want a relaiable news source, to watch CNN. I realize now that many school districts (mine included) and virtually all colleges are liberally biased bubbles. At the time I was ignorant of this fact, and in my ignorance was very negatively prejudiced towards Fow news. I would not even watch it to give it a chance, and hear it out. I was a complete bigot toward the network. Its almost like there was an invisible indoctrinating power at play ā€œforcefully suppressing oppositionā€ of policital viewpoints.

I have been a Libertarian most of my life, when I was younger I skewed more left, I now am biased more toward rgiht leaning views. I believe in the middle way :slightly_smiling_face:

A major shift came in 2015, when I was doing a lot of shadow work. One day I was helping out a liberal retired teacher neighbor, and I said something that I had heard reported on CNBC, to which she screamed at me ā€œstop watching Fox news!ā€ I will never forget it, becuase it opened my eyes to how much blind anger and hatred was directed at the News network becuase of ignorance.

I went home that night, and for the first time in my life, turned on Fox news. I was very curious why it cuased some people to go so bat shit crazy. I was also ashamed that I let people like this for a good deal of my life prejudice me towards the station, just from a rumors, no real substance.

I fell in love with Tucker Carlsons show, the man, not so much. His ego has always rubbed me rhe wrong way (see the clip of him with John Stweart, he has grown up a lot, no longer wears a bow tie :upside_down_face:) but the truth of information that he presented was a huge breath of fresh air. I wished I had tunned in a decade earlier. I consider him one of my great teachers in shadow work, because it taught me to listen to the message, even if I did not particularly like the messenger. It was a pivital point in my life when many prejudices melted away. And I will always be greatful for his work, and the work of the news station for that help.

I disagree. He is a Libertarian. He may be a more right leaning libertarian, but he he is definitely not far rigjht. For that you would have to watch Sean Hannity.

I would say at best the article you provided was incompetitent or yellow journalism, and at worst, propoganda. Very convienient that they neither provided a video, or transcript of TC. Very easy to take his words out of context, and most of his critics do just that. He says things sarcastically all the time. I believe those statements were diliberatley taken out of context to stir up the targeted audiences emotions.

In regards to his stance on Ukraine. He has for as long as I have watched him been a huge voice for peace and in ending Americas wars overseas (Iraq, and Afganistan), something many on the far right used to critisize him for. When Putin first invaded Tucker was against America sending more of its citizens to die, in another potential 20 year long war overseas. I think that is something most spiritual leaders would respect. He did however want the united states to give Ukraine as much weapons and combat tools as needed, so they could repel Putins advances, this is something the Biden administrarion was very slow to do, and when it did act, did so extremely conservatively and incompetitantly.

@NightHawk999 I wonder: would the minimum common ground that we could agree on be that TC has a function to spread certain narratives as an influencer?

Most definitely my friend. I also think you could even say that about every single person on this planet, we all live by certain narritives, and we all find ways to disseminate them. I think it was Aristotle or someone associated withnhim that gave the teaching behind every communication (narritive) there is Ethos, Pathos, and Logos, and how important it was it scrutinize all messages that we consume, especially ones from sources we view as trustworthy.

Not sure if you read my esrlier posts in this thread, but I basically said the exact same thing you stated here:

1 Like

My own politics are on the progressive side but when I go home to visit my aging conservative evangelical Republican parents I have to tolerate the Fox News and 700 Club that is constantly on in the background. Ram Dass once said ā€œIf you think youā€™re enlightened, go home and visit your family.ā€ Or perhaps if you think youā€™re enlightened, try watching a TV news source that has a different political perspective than youā€™re own! Watching the news from any source can be difficult, just because of the bombardment with all of the tragedy and problems in the world. I find it helpful to send out prayers and blessings to all of the folks involved in any world conflict. That can turn watching or reading the news into a spiritual boddhisattva practice!

1 Like

One of my main teachers has been a Jungian Analyst named Arnold Mindell, who branched off from the traditional Jungians and started viewing everything in the world, including the political conflicts as a dream that is meaningful. Itā€™s not only individuals that are dreaming but the whole world is a dreaming process, including all of the political and ethnic and gender conflicts, etc., A good introduction to his work on this is his book ā€œSitting in the Fire.ā€ He does something called ā€œWorldworkā€ where people from many different backgrounds get together to process and bring more awareness to world conflicts.

2 Likes

Well, but if you agree on that TC has a function to spread certain narratives as an influencerā€¦ then would it not be consequently logical to ask:

• what narratives he systematically spreads?
  • what are the goals of spreading these narratives?
  • what is the function of such an influencer?
  • who is benefiting/profiting from this?
  • who is financing this function, and why?

So, after having seriously pondered these questions, how can you think that TC is out there ā€œfor the truthā€?

My friend, the above is not meant as an attack on your egoā€¦ but could it be that you so like the guyā€™s rhetoric and disruptive style of supposedly attacking the ā€œestablishmentā€ ā€¦ that you are effectively overlooking the important questions on his motives, allegiances and financiers?
Shadow work also means looking at possible blind spots of things we like or identify with, right?

1 Like

Yes I absolutely agree that those are very important questions to ask, not just from people peddling truth, but from everyone you encounter in life.

You act as if I have never interrogated my paradigms of TC with these types of questions? I have. I have also asked the questions of:

What is his target audiences of these narratives?
What emotions are being manipulated by these naratives? Amd Why?
Is it possible for a narrative to be self serving, but also speak the truth?

This could definitely be true. It is possible that I am so detached from the nature of reality that I have no way of really seeing truth, and believe all lies and propoganda to be truth. I think to deny any possibility of this statment being valid would shed light on a huge blind spot within me.

That being said, I have always been someone who works hard to uncover the truth, wherever it may be, regardelss of how ugly or unconventional it may seem. This was why when I put his narratives under scrutiny, it was a very eye opening experience, he was speaking truths that very few news people would dare to utter, and it truely felt like a breath of fresh air. I dont think anyone has a monopoly on truth, there are things he has said that I dont agree with, but that is the minority of his narratives.

"You pick your tribe, you chant the mantras, and you defend everything to the death. Even if logic has to be convoluted.ā€ J.K. Rowling

1 Like