In-Person Places of Practice

Hey everyone,

I shared an ‘intro’ post recently and got a lot of great interaction from some of you!
So, I’m feeling inspired to share another here :slight_smile:

I’m curious, does anyone know of any physical locations, monasteries, or intentional communities where ‘dreaming’ is practiced?

I’ve recently stepped into a phase of life where I am extremely free to be mobile, remote, off-grid, and completely immersed in practice if I so choose. I have no current ‘job’ and no dependants, and I’m feeling extremely called to make ‘dreaming’ a focal point of my practice and life.

I live in Canada, but can spend up to 6 months in the USA.

Does anyone have any sense of someone to talk to, or a community that I could get in contact with?

Perhaps this thread could be helpful for anyone else who is also interested in doing a deeper dive. I’m aware of a place in California called Drukama (though there is no room available for new residents at the moment), and I’m also familiar with a place where Stephen Laberge has taught before and where I imagine there are some active dream practitioners, Drala Mountain (the 600 acre location established by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche in the 70s). I’ve emailed them both but haven’t had much luck making meaningful contact.

3 Likes

No I dont, I am pretty new to this stuff. However I think you are in the right place to ask. You can write out this question and send it to Andrew, and he will answer it in the Q&A this week, or you can join that zoom meeting and ask him live.

In Andrews Reverse Meditation book, he said something like his 3 year retreat was the most impactful experience of his life. Not sure if you are looking for an experience that is so extreme though (14 hour a day meditations, becoming a monk, and sleeping sitting up). Not for the faint of heart.

If I had the time money and freedom, that is what I would do. I think Andrew did, 1 year on, 1 year off, so he had it completed within 5 years.

No. :upside_down_face: Unfortantely. But I think Tenzin Wangal Rinpoche might be a good expert to contact through his website. His book is fantastic: The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep. He might be able to give you a list of places, along with some helpful guidance in your nocturnal practices.

Tons of people do week long retreats all over the world, but my guess is you are looking for something longer?

1 Like