AMEN

" The quiet heart

is the only place

where true satisfaction can be found."

AMEN BROTHER

Thank you for this

:pray:

3 Likes

" Tami Simon : Youā€™re listening to Insights at the Edge. Today I speak with Lama Surya Das. Lama Surya Das is one of the best-known American-born lamas in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. Heā€™s the author of the books Awakening the Buddha Within and The Mind Is Mightier than the Sword. With Sounds True, heā€™s created seven programs, including the audio learning programs Tibetan Dream Yoga and Buddha Is As Buddha Does , as well as a book/CD package called Natural Radiance: Awakening to Your Great Perfection . In this episode, Lama Surya Das and I spoke about recognizing our buddha nature, and waking up to the nature of mind. He also leads us in a Tibetan dream yoga practice. Hereā€™s my conversation with Lama Surya Das."

" LSD : This introduces us to the divine or the light, the natural radiance, the spirit within us all, that we all have an uncorruptible, primordially perfect and complete spiritual nature. That we are not Buddhistsā€”God forbid, Tami!ā€”but buddhas by nature. Not sectarian, Asian buddhas, but like gods and goddesses, that we each are a complete, English-talking child of God, that we each have this spark of divinity within us, that the light is within each of us and all of us. Thatā€™s what I mean by natural radiance, the title of this book, awakening to your own innate, great perfection."

3 Likes

" ā€œTaming the mind does not mean eliminating outer objects or suppressing inner thoughts. It means revealing and maintaining the natural state of the mind. Taming the mind has nothing to do with cultivating certain thoughts; it is simply keeping the mind in its fundamental state, where its clarity and wisdom are revealed. The true nature of the mind is calm and clear and full of compassion, love, and wisdom.ā€

Venerable Khenpo Rinpoches
The Buddhist Path (pgs 2-3)"

https://www.padmasambhava.org/meditation-pith-instructions/

4 Likes

Venerable Khenpo Rinpoches
Ceaseless Echoes of the Great Silence: A Commentary on the Heart Sutra Prajnaparamita (pgs 69-70)

ā€œIn between sessions, no matter what weā€™re doing, we should see everything as dreams, illusions, and magic. It is also important to maintain the practice of not grasping thoughts and emotions

4 Likes

HH Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Pith Instructions - Dzogchen

3 Likes

thank you SO much for sharing this piece of pure Goldā€¦
did you notice his Mudras and nails? AMAZINGā€¦

3 Likes

Anytime my heart, glad you appreciated as much as I did, yes a true treasure.

I wonder if it had influenced a dream I had last night. Also, I was in the library yesterday evening, and had the insight after getting a book on memory, with an elephant on the cover, that I would love to dream about them too, along with the ocean. Heres the dream.

I am on a tropical island with a group of explorers. I lead them to a cave, it is on the edge of the beach where the ocean meets the rock formations. Inside the cave is a giant container with about 7 wooden treasure chests. We carry them out to a rock platform in the ocean and open them in the sunlight. Inside them all are precious statues of the Buddha, each with its own animal avatar at the base (like many Hindu depictions of Gods). The first Buddha statue I opened had an elephant as its animal. :heart_eyes:

No I did not, because I listened to it while falling asleep last night, and I turned the screen away from my face as soon as I hit play. Will replay today and look.

2 Likes

Pith Instructions: Personal Reflections on the Heart Essence of Dzogchen

3 Likes

the impressive thing about elephants is that they have a truly strong memory andā€¦ they sleep so littleā€¦ :feather:

if this was a movie, I would love to either watch it or be a part of it :heart_eyes:
LOVED it!

powerful combination! LOVE itā€¦ itā€™s highly fertileā€¦ could imagine a thousand things happening just with these two elements.

birthā€¦

elephants are also a strong symbol of family.

I also listened to it yesterday before going to bed :brown_heart:
the dreams were highly creative and powerful in senses!

3 Likes

look what came into my hands todayā€¦

Ā«Buddha and the Elephant:

The Buddha spoke of the tendency of male elephants to seek solitude in the forest. It is in a forest where the Buddha allegedly found enlightenment. Buddha said ā€œthere is no companionship with a fool; let a man walk alone, let him commit no evil, with few wishes, like an elephant in the forestā€Ā»

source: Elephants in Buddhism - Elephants in Buddhism

Also this arrived today:
(Narmada, Yogini standing on an elephant)
ā€œNarmadaā€™s significance lies in her representation of the vital energy and renewal associated with the sacred river and her role as a bestower of life and SPIRITUAL VITALITY. She represents the cycle of life, death, and renewal. As a goddess, she represents the divine feminine energy associated with life, purity, and renewal. She radiates a sense of divine grace and vitality. Devotees seek her blessings for spiritual purification, abundance, and the revitalization of their lives.ā€

source: šŸŖ” Narmada yogini | Brah.ma

3 Likes

Brilliant teaching.

And people think I am nuts when I go camping alone. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Interesting.

I have a young singing canary, all yellow. He sang loudly in my dream as he does when he harmonizes to Chopin. It was so real that, at first, it took me a while to recognize the singing as a dream. It was beautiful. Hari is a special yellow canary.

4 Likes

My first lucid dream after I began practicing yoga, was influenced by a pet in a dream. I think that means there is a special bond with that being,

4 Likes

Yes not sure what that mudra means though.

2 Likes

because they donā€™t know that we are NEVER aloneā€¦ have you ever noticed ā€œaloneā€ could be ā€œall oneā€? Perhaps you can start saying that you are camping with your friendsā€¦ which is trueā€¦ :heart_eyes:

itā€™s ā€œyour mudraā€, the most simple and powerful one - index finger on the thumb.

amazing and delightful that you notice this. thank you for sharing about Hari.
two nights ago, for the first time, as I was in a dream I recognized it and I also recognized that this life is a dreamā€¦ so I did not become lucid, but I think it was the most lucid dream I ever had! I was very happy to recognize that inside me, itā€™s already settled and rooted the fact that this dream here is indeed a dream! :star_struck:
In my 30s, Chopin was my favorite composer.

3 Likes

Love this

very cool

Very powerful dream :star_struck:

3 Likes