Wakeful greetings to one and all

I have to question this, respectfully, since I was sure that in 1965 We’re on the Eve of Destruction. Those were rough days and they lasted, and lasted and maybe still going on, so I look at what’s happening in today’s pandemic and all, as just some of the veneer of reality having slipped down, making the fragility of what we called “normalcy” more apparent, rather than any sudden intervention. Though, like in many things, I may be missing the metamessages, I await the next great musical interlude for our times, or we can borrow some from the past, or way past, as well.

1 Like

I generally respectfully bow out of a discussion when it goes in this direction as I feel that when we impute a characteristic such as this on a phenomenon we are often coming from a somewhat conditioned perspective.

That said, the events of this past year did have a “biblical” feel what with the occurrence of the largest locust swarm ever recorded in Africa coupled with all of the disease and famine and general nastiness that is gripping the planet.

On that note, Barry, did you happen to see Stephen Stills last night at the US Democratic Convention doing his famous protest song For What It’s Worth .

3 Likes

Didn’t catch it. It is a song generally associated with the Kent State tragedy but at the same time there was another similar, though non-lethal incident at the University of New Mexico where two students were bayonetted by the NM National Guard. I was there in Albuquerque when it happened and still remember the local media and the whirlwind of those days. History rhymes.

1 Like