šŸ‘½ AI Part 2 Complete ChatGPT Tutorial - UPDATE - Is AI the End of the World? Or the Dawn of a New One?

I scanned through that article. Seems he is making an obvious point but possibly not for the masses and making an article about it. If people are using it as he claims I can see a need for the article.

When Iā€™m looking to search with accuracy I use bing. The ā€œMore Preciseā€ AI chat bot they have tries its best to focus on accuracy and summarizes multiple websites while including sources for everything it write using a hyperlink to the article it got its information from so you can then further research it and fact check what is being said yourself.

1 Like

One of my Dharma friends is a teacher who had students turn in a book report which all had the same glaring inaccuracies which she later traced to the AI program. It prompted her to think. Articles such as this does the same, as the topic is worthy of note. I see the author staking out a perspective based upon her experiences, providing some information for users. That is a worthwhile caution, as I see it and I always look for opposite viewpoints/alternate theories, finer details, to sharpen my own operating theories.

She acknowledges that in the article,

Now, there is such a thing as AI-powered search engines. This is how Bing *Chat works: It does an actual search to find information, then uses the AI to format that information as friendly text. For each factual thing it tells you, you can click on its source to see where that information actually came from. But the other AI chatbots out there, including ChatGPT, arenā€™t built that way.*

1 Like

I hate to say it so frankly but those are the people who are uneducated about AI, kind of a surface/headline battle. There are programs that are open source where you paste your essay into and it changes it from being detected to bypass it to achieve 98% accuracy saying that a human wrote it and worse Iā€™ve been seeing emotionally distraut actual students who wrote their essays get flagged and have conflicts with getting their degree on AI forums asking how their essay could have possibly been flagged (probably for a lawsuit) because they did it completely by themselves.

Donā€™t need to say much about that one really.

To me this is a reason why they need to incorporate AI into school as soon as possible.

90614bda6d4a91fdfad950b4be3a1076

And not my ASAP :smiling_face:.

The people who are tech savvy will fly under the radar using AI. I think itā€™ll be important to incorporate it into school like Khan Academy is attempting to do.

1 Like

more likely . . . . . . . . . . .

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Good article. Whoever wrote it has a good beat on some if the bigger events that have happened recently with AI. :+1:

2 Likes
2 Likes

In case you missed this post/movie about an earlier AI iteration.

1 Like

Classic even back then there was fear mongering abound.

2 Likes
1 Like

Always looking for different perspectives on issues:

1 Like

Great article. I always try to keep a positive outlook on AI. Enjoyed listening to it.

1 Like

AI reconstructs 3D scenes from reflections in the human eye

No special camera needed.

Unfreezing frozen light :smiling_face:.

1 Like

And hereā€™s one article on how the experts like ChatGPT-Developer OpenAI, Sam Altman, Demis Hassabis, of DeepMind, and Geoffrey Hinton see it:

3 Likes
2 Likes

" Akkadian lost (and found)

Akkadian was the mother tongue of the Akkadian Empire, which arose around 2300 B.C. through the conquests of its founder, Sargon the Great. As a spoken language, Akkadian would eventually split into Assyrian and Babylonian dialects before being completely supplanted by Aramaic early in the first millennium BC. Today, it is a truly extinct language, without even daughter languages to carry on its legacy."

Very very cool. Sounds like it was the language that came before Christs Arameic?

" A high-quality translation requires the translator to understand how both languages string thoughts together and then use that knowledge to create a translation that maintains the linguistic nuances of the original, which native speakers effortlessly understand.

As difficult as that process is, itā€™s nothing compared to the challenge of translating an ancient language into a modern tongue. These translators must not only resurrect extinct languages from written sources but also have intimate knowledge of how the cultures that produced those sources evolved over centuries. If that werenā€™t enough, their sources are often fragmented, leaving crucial context"

Difficut is an understatement, this is how you can have top scholars of a dead language produce dramatically different translations off of the same text.

Being Lost in translation does the greatest disservice to people especially when it comes to holy texts and the words of God.

2 Likes

Inevitable . . . .

From the article:
Father time has met his match, and it is not Botox ā€¦ it is AI-generated drug compounds.

A collaboration of researchers from the University of Edinburgh, the University of Cantabria, Spain, and the Alan Turing Institute have made a significant breakthrough in the field of drug discovery by utilizing artificial intelligence (AI) to identify chemicals that can target faulty cells associated with a range of age-related conditions. This groundbreaking method, which is significantly more cost-effective than traditional screening methods, offers hope for treating conditions such as cancer, Alzheimerā€™s disease, and age-related declines in eyesight and mobility.

2 Likes

This has been a concern for me with AI, funny thing is it began with me contemplating a vampireā€™s death. Then I saw discussion about AI working on this stuff and began taking that same thought process and applied it to a human.

If Bardo is indeed the process after death, extending a beings life on the mortal plane could extend the duration of suffering one experiencs through reincarnation. Longer life = more habits.

Hopefully there is a spiritual balance found while AI begins extending the human condition.

Something like the technology discussed in this thread

( Brain implant to lucid dream! )

may help create that balance.

As said in the thread there, Iā€™d also wait for the less invasive version.

1 Like

AI is in need of some Dharma, eh?

3 Likes