คเ Merging song lyrics to make poems with AI

Worked on this for a couple hours today and had a lot of fun with it. Wanted to share and start a thread for this type of thing. I really enjoyed it and think I will probably do a couple more.

Here is the finished poem:

And the three songs I pulled the lyrics from were:

3 Likes

Poem from today. Titled “A Call to Arms for Mother Earth”.

Song lyrics used to create the poem:

4 Likes

Interesting, though I don’t know any of the originals, I like the synthesis. Though I wonder how Leonardo DaVinci would view the substitution of AI for the human brain? Obviously, AI originally comes from that source, but there does seem to be a hazy spot in there somewhere—a Bardo, if you will—that mediates between human creativity and something else. I don’t see it as a big deal, though I find it a fascinating development. I am reminded of how calculators and smart machines have changed “consumer” math and how, sometimes when I give a younger cashier an extra quarter or a few pennies so I can get a dollar back instead of a fistful of change, they can’t do the calculations in their head. Just a thought.

4 Likes
This is the majority of the prompting I used to come up with the last poem. Left out some of the repetitive ones. Working with AI doesnt pop out a poem but with enough prompting it pops out good bits that can be pieced together.

Prompt 1
Can you merge the following into a flowing rhythmic poem that has the theme of a nation getting angry by greed destroying the planet?
“The indulgence of our lives Has cast a shadow on our world Our devotion to our appetites Betrayed us all An apocalyptic plight More destruction will unfold Mother Earth will show her darker side And take her toll You know we should have seen it coming Consequences we cannot deny Will be revealed in time Glaciers melt as we pollute the sky A sign of devastation coming Our future is fading Is there any hope we’ll survive? Still, we ravage the world that we love And the millions cry out to be saved Our endless maniacal appetite Greed and hunger led to our demise A path I can’t believe we followed Black agendas rooted in a lie Will we repent in time? Species fall before our very eyes A world that they cannot survive in” and
“He is observing the chaos, taking in the lack of raw humanity It’s as if the entire world’s fallen in love with their insanity Hear the innocent voices scream The degradation I cannot forget” and
“They will stop degrading us They will not control us We will be victorious Interchanging mind control Come, let the revolution take its toll If you could flick the switch and open your third eye You’d see that we should never be afraid to die Rise up and take the power back It’s time the fat cats had a heart attack You know that their time’s coming to an end We have to unify and watch our flag ascend” and
Let’s push the emperors into the ocean
With every hour, our number increases
We’ll smash your institutions to pieces
We need a transformation One we all can see
Welcome to the desecration, baby We’ll build you right up and we’ll tear you down
With every second our anger increases We’re gonna smash your nation to pieces

Out 1 gpt4
In a world plagued by darkness and greed,
The planet weeps as we indulge and feed.
A veil of destruction looms overhead,
Our devotion to appetite fills us with dread.

Apocalyptic times are drawing near,
A loss of control that we all fear.
Mother Earth’s fury comes with a toll,
A force, her darker side, we cannot console.

We face the consequences for our actions true,
Denial fading as we see our future skew.
Melting ice and skies tainted with shame,
A sign of devastation, our future engulfed in flame.

Once we cherished this world we marred,
Our ravaging hunger drove us too hard.
A path we followed with blind intent,
Black agendas and lies, our future unkempt.

Witness the fall of innocent species from grace,
Struggling to survive in our damaged space.
Their cries and torment are not left unheard,
A painful reminder of nature’s word.

Yet we find strength to break free and rise,
Our awakened third eye unveils the lies.
The time has come to fight for what’s right,
Unify as one, let our flag take flight.

Push the emperors into the depths of the sea,
For our growing numbers demand to be free.
Old institutions crumble, a new world takes form,
Embrace the desecration, a future reborn.

As we build and break down each and every day,
Anger swells, but in unity we’ll stay.
Together we will forge a future untethered,
Our nation renewed, forever endeavored.

Prompt 2 gpt3.5
Can you make this poem harmonious and make the delivery stronger while keeping the message intact. Reword as necessary to help with rhyming. "In a world plagued by darkness and greed,
The planet weeps as we indulge and feed.
A veil of destruction looms overhead,
Our devotion to appetite fills us with dread.

Apocalyptic times are drawing near,
A loss of control that we all fear.
Mother Earth’s fury comes with a toll,
A force, her darker side, we cannot console.

We face the consequences for our actions true,
Denial fading as we see our future skew.
Melting ice and skies tainted with shame,
A sign of devastation, our future engulfed in flame.

Once we cherished this world we marred,
Our ravaging hunger drove us too hard.
A path we followed with blind intent,

Witness the fall of innocent species from grace,
Their cries and torment are not left unheard,
A painful reminder of nature’s word.

Yet we find strength to break free and rise,
Our awakened third eye unveils the lies.
The time has come to fight for what’s right,
Unify as one, let our flag take flight.

Push the emperors into the depths of the sea,
For our growing numbers demand to be free.
Old institutions crumble, a new world takes form,
Embrace the desecration, a future reborn.

As we build and break down each and every day,
Anger swells, but in unity we’ll stay.
Together we will forge a future untethered,
Our nation renewed, forever endeavored."

Out 2
Amidst a world of darkness and greed, The Earth laments while we continue to feed. Destruction looms, a veil overhead, Our insatiable hunger fills us with dread.

Apocalyptic times draw near, Fear of losing control, a common fear. Mother Nature’s fury comes at a cost, A force that cannot be tamed or lost.

Our actions have consequences, it’s true, Denial fades as we witness our future skew. Melting ice and skies filled with shame, A sign of devastation, a world in flame.

We once cherished this world, now marred, Our hunger drove us too far. A path followed with blind intent, Black agendas and lies, our future unkempt.

Innocent species fall from grace, Struggling to survive in our damaged space. Their cries not left unheard, A reminder of nature’s word.

Yet strength lies within, to break free and rise, Our third eye opens, unveiling the lies. It’s time to fight for what’s right, Unify as one, and let our flag take flight.

Push the emperors into the sea’s depths, For our growing numbers demand to be free from their thefts. Old institutions crumble, a new world takes form, Embrace the desecration, a future reborn.

As we build and break each day, Our anger swells, but in unity we’ll stay. Together we’ll forge a future untethered, Our nation renewed, forever endeavored.

Prompt 3
Can you redo the following sections in the poem and make it flow naturally? “Fear of losing control, a common fear.” And “Innocent species fall from grace, Struggling to survive in our damaged space. Their cries not left unheard, A reminder of nature’s word.” And “from their thefts. Old institutions crumble, a new world takes form,”

"Fear of losing control is a common plight, As apocalyptic times draw closer in sight. Mother Nature’s fury comes at a great cost, A force that cannot be contained or lost.

Innocent species fall from grace, Struggling to survive in our damaged space. Their cries echo, and are not left unheard, A reminder of nature’s final word.

Push the emperors into the sea’s depths, For their thefts have stolen our very breaths. Old institutions crumble, as a new world takes form, Embracing desecration, a future reborn."

Fixes from last 2 and new prompt:

Can you fix these sections from the poem and make them flow naturally? “We once cherished this world, now marred, Our hunger drove us too far.” And “Together we’ll forge a future untethered, Our nation renewed, forever endeavored.” And “Our actions have consequences, it’s true, Denial fades as we witness our future skew.” And “Destruction looms, a veil overhead, Our insatiable hunger fills us with dread.”

Amidst a world of darkness and greed, The Earth laments while we continue to feed. Destruction looms, a veil overhead, Our insatiable hunger fills us with dread.

Fear of losing control is a common plight, As apocalyptic times draw closer in sight. Mother Nature’s fury comes at a great cost, A force that cannot be contained or lost.

Our actions have consequences, it’s true, Denial fades as we witness our future skew. Melting ice and skies filled with shame, A sign of devastation, a world in flame.

We once cherished this world, now marred, Our hunger drove us too far. A path followed with blind intent, Black agendas and lies, our future unkempt.

Innocent species fall from grace, Struggling to survive in our damaged space. Their cries echo, and are not left unheard, A reminder of nature’s final word.

Yet strength lies within, to break free and rise, Our third eye opens, unveiling the lies. It’s time to fight for what’s right, Unify as one, and let our flag take flight.

Push the emperors into the sea’s depths, For their thefts have stolen our very breaths. Old institutions crumble, as a new world takes form, Embracing desecration, a future reborn.

As we build and break each day, Our anger swells, but in unity we’ll stay. Together we’ll forge a future untethered, Our nation renewed, forever endeavored.

Output 3.5 fixed

Once we cherished this world, now marred by our hand,
Our hunger and greed drove us to a barren land.

Together we’ll forge a future untethered,
Our nation renewed, forever endeavored.

Our actions have consequences, that much is true,
Denial fades as we see our future askew.

Destruction looms, a shadow above,
Our insatiable hunger fills us with great fear and love.

Fixes placed new input gpt 4

Can you analyze this poem and make it flow harmoniously and rhythmicly? "
Amidst a world of darkness and greed, The Earth laments while we continue to feed. Destruction looms, a shadow overhead, Our insatiable hunger fills us with dread.

Fear of losing control is a common plight, As apocalyptic times draw closer in sight. Mother Nature’s fury comes at a great cost, A force that cannot be contained or lost.

Melting ice and skies filled with shame, A sign of devastation, a world in flame.

We once held dear this world, now marred by our hand,
Our hunger and greed have led us to a barren land.
A path followed with blind intent, Black agendas and lies, our future unkempt.

Push the emperors into the sea’s depths, For their thefts have stolen our very breaths. Old institutions crumble, as a new world takes form, Embracing desecration, a future reborn.

As we build and break each day, Our anger swells, but in unity we’ll stay. Together we’ll forge a future untethered, Our nation renewed, forever endeavored."

Gpt4 output

In a world of darkness and greed,
Earth weeps as we blindly feed.
Destruction looms, casting its shade,
Our hunger fills us with a growing dread.

Fear of losing control grips each heart,
As apocalypse nears and fears start.
Nature’s fury, a great price to pay,
A force unstoppable, to our dismay.

Our actions bear consequences, so real,
Denial fades as our fate is revealed.
Melting ice and skies full of disgrace,
A world ablaze, lost in our race.

Once held dear, now marred by our hand,
Greed and hunger leading to barren lands.
A blind path, dark agendas, our lives unfold,
A tainted future, uncertain and cold.

Innocent life falls from its place,
Lost in the world our actions deface.
Echoing cries will not be unheard,
Nature speaks its powerful, final word.

Yet, within us, the strength to rise,
Opening our minds, revealing the lies.
Now we fight, for what’s just and true,
United as one, our flag’s colors anew.

Drown emperors deep in the sea,
Their thefts have stolen our liberty.
Old ways crumble, new life takes shape,
A world reborn from its past mistakes.

Through struggle and passion, we build each day,
Anger swells, but in unity, we’ll stay.
Together we’ll forge a future unbound,
Our renewed nation, forever renowned.

Combined outputs for new input gpt4
@@@@@

Destruction looms, a shadow overhead, Our insatiable hunger fills us with dread.

A path followed with blind intent, Black agendas and lies, our future unkempt.

Final pieced together:
Destruction looms, a shadow overhead,
Our insatiable hunger fills us with dread.

A path followed with blind intent,

Innocent species fall from grace,
Their cries echo, and are not left unheard,
A reminder of nature’s final word.

Yes, AI does bypass developing the skills needed to become that creative outlet ( I think that is what your alluding to). I am not a poet and at my age don’t think I ever will be. AI let’s me experience something I would have never put time or effort into experiencing though and that’s dabbling with short stories and poems.

For others, especially in the computer field this effect your talking about goes dramatically deeper. They will need to adapt quickly but I think in the long run it will make those with the skills in their field even better at what they do when they can call on AI to solve a problem they are experiencing quickly then get back to the human aspect of their job. I’ve heard a number of posts about people, especially those with remote work, that use AI to perform 80-90% of their job and don’t say anything to anyone. It gives them free time and some people even say they’ve started a 2nd job to earn more money because of this.

No matter what it is interesting times. As far as the change reference I find that funny because I picked up a new hobby within the past 2-3 weeks which is called coin roll hunting. Here is a picture of my setup and a couple of the cooler finds/ errors I came across.

Buffalo nickel

Spitting horse die crack

EC error
20230422_15_03_29
EC error

War nickels

Kind of off topic but I thought it was funny you mentioned the stuff about coins when I have been putting a lot of time into searching, sorting, examining them counting change to repack it.

3 Likes

I have a coin sorting machine that I use occasionally to tidy up my loose change and bring it to the bank. It’s fun to check coins, but my enthusiasm was severely dampened years ago when I spent my Mercury Head dime collection (sans a 1916S) for an Electromic Flash airplane that died in ten minutes. :roll_eyes:

Me neither but I did take a poetry class with a famous Poet as an undergraduate. He basically did all his work subconsciously. I loved the class because it was totally Twilight Zone. More recently, I came across Blackout Poetry which offers interesting possibilities that, while not AI assisted, still produces results that provide new and “unique” thoughts.

3 Likes

This one took embarrassingly long. The queue times for free chatGPT4 were very low so I was taking advantage of it for a bit then ended up with a mish-mash of stuff (probably because used 5 different song’s lyrics) that took awhile to piece together.

Song lyrics used for this one:

2 Likes

Have a new poem for today, but before that I wanted to point out an accidental hidden layer in the poem above.

In the video, there is a paragraph selected that speaks about deception of sight and ironically it is the only paragraph with a different background color (it was the last one I worked on pronunciations in so it was highlighted). I didn’t think much about the paragraph being a different color in the video so in a way it is doing what the poem is saying, as it says it.

Then in the 2nd but not so obvious is in the entire poem, one word stands out to me as not fitting with the rest. “Hands” and it is right before the part about "jest"ing around. :smiling_face: A good example for me of when nothing is done nothing is left undone.

Here is the poem I just finished. Had a lot of fun writing this one and so far it is my favorite.

Song lyrics used:

Fair warning, this video has some borderline NSFW content:

2 Likes

This one stole my #1 position.

Song lyrics used from:

3 Likes

Still, my “Not Penny’s Boat” (Lost reference) but I really liked the poem.

2 Likes

2 questions to chatGPT, the old one and it kicked back this.

“Overall, using the phrase “Not Penny’s boat” … is a way of invoking the idea of hidden danger or deception, and urging the listener to be careful and pay attention to the true nature of the situation.”

If that is the intended message, I understand. I did a high school project on Tupac and the positive influences he had on society, primarily how he was able to tell a story of what he saw happening inside the ghettos he grew up in through his music, so a large audience was able to understand what was happening on a deeper level. I researched his poetry and delved into his lyrics then. Every now and then, I listen to “Ghetto Gospel” by him and Elton John, and a few other songs. But often when I am trying to find a song that isn’t so violent, a song called “Lost Souls” pops up :smiling_face:.

That being said, cherry-picking the poetry that is present in his music and combining it, then working with AI to make that poem, left me with a prayer I plan to listen to many times in the future.

2 Likes

I like that. Reminds me of something from a show called “Everwood” way back in the prehistoric soup of long ago. It was a show I enjoyed with my daughter, partially because of the stars and partially because there was a great violin solo in the theme song. Well, one of the main characters, Ephram Brown, has to write an essay in high school about “My Tragic Flaw” and I thought the writers came up with something timeless, that existed outside the show, kind of the way you came up with your poetry…

Ephram:
[reading his essay] The more things change, the more they stay the same. I’m not sure who the first person was who said that. Probably Shakespeare. Or maybe Sting. But at the moment, it’s the sentence that best explains my tragic flaw: my inability to change. I don’t think I’m alone in this. The more I get to know other people, the more I realize it’s kind of everyone’s flaw. Staying exactly the same for as long as possible, standing perfectly still… it feels safer somehow. And if you are suffering, at least the pain is familiar. Because if you took that leap of faith, went outside the box, did something unexpected… who knows what other pain might be out there, waiting for you. Chances are it could be even worse. So you maintain the status quo. Choose the road already traveled and it doesn’t seem that bad. Not as far as flaws go. You’re not a drug addict. You’re not killing anyone… except maybe yourself a little. When we finally do change, I don’t think it happens like an earthquake or an explosion, where all of a sudden we’re like this different person. I think it’s smaller than that. The kind of thing most people wouldn’t even notice unless they looked at us really close. Which, thank God, they never do. But you notice it. Inside you that change feels like a world of difference. And you hope this is it. This is the person you get to be forever… that you’ll never have to change again.

3 Likes

Very cool, thank you for sharing. I enjoyed reading that one!

1 Like

I’ve been working on this one for 8+ days :smiling_face:.

Feel like I could work on this one forever and still not be 100% happy with it because of the topic it covers. Pulled my parachute and bailed when I landed on this version.

Songs used:

3 Likes

Good music, liked the synthepoem!

2 Likes

@mbready

Merging song lyrics to make poems with AI

Do you take requests?

3 Likes

Yes, absolutely. :heart: I’ll send you a PM.

3 Likes

Tried something new with this one. Chose one of my favorite artists and used all the lyrics from the entire music album (Incubus - Morning View). Also for the thumbnail I tried to generate artwork based off their lyric “the ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket”. Hope you enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:.

Handpicked song from Morning View:

Full album:

Also, wanted to share a fictional story that ties into the last poem about love and ideas I’ve been thinking about in regards to hyper-realistic dreamscapes. Tried to keep it gender neutral with the name and he/she so anyone could imagine being in the dreamscape.

3 Likes

Could you try this process with some old favorites?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Yes, looking forward to it. Will start working on it tomorrow :+1: :sparkles:.

2 Likes

Had fun working on this. Hope you enjoy.

May your endeavors be blessed with the gentle touch of divine grace and favor.

Used all the lyrics from the three songs in Barry’s post for this poem.

2 Likes