DARKFIELD RADIO: Immersive audio experience that messes with your mind

Hey, so there’s an immersive audio experience called Darkfield Radio that some of you might be interested in. All you need is two people in a room with smartphones and headphones. Here’s how Kent Bye (hosted of the excellent podcast Voices of VR) describes it:

"Darkfield Radio have released a couple of binaural audio performances that transform your home into an immersive audio stage. Their experiences are intended to be experienced with another person, each of their own mobile phones at a specific time so that it recreates the feeling of attending a performance.

“I had a hard time differentiating between reality & the binaural audio recordings within Darkfield Radio’s Double as it was one of the most immersive audio experiences that I’ve had yet.”

Source: Voices of VR #950: Darkfield Radio’s Binaural Audio Performances Blur the Lines of Reality

I haven’t had a chance to try it so far, but if any of you check it out I’d love to hear what you think of it. There are two different shows, each I think takes about 20 minutes. You can find out more at https://www.darkfield.org/radio

2 Likes