Dream Books

I know there are 1000s, form Dream Yoga to Lucid Dreaming to Dream interpretation and more.

Please post any book recommendations on dream books that you found the most helpful and the most meaningful.

Have not read this book yet, but it is on my bucket list:

Patricia Garfield | Creative Dreaming Part 1

Patricia Garfield | Creative Dreaming Part 2

I think this was her most famous book, and was a NYT Best Seller.
I cant vouch for how good it is, but listed to the table of contents and it sounds good. I can however vouch for this FANTASTIC book:

dream messenger

She did a lot of due diligence, looking at 1000s of dreams, of 1000s of people…

A++++

Have many more dream books I have read and loved, and many more to come. Will post thoughts on them in the upcoming posts.

Please do the same :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

A++++++++++ Book!

5 Likes

One of the most influential books I have read in my entire life.

Highly recommend!

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Lucid Dream with Robert Waggoner, author of Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self

2 Likes

If you are spiritual and new to LD, this book is a great first start. Its a very fast read and educational.

Day 1 Session 1

Day 2 Session 3

Day 3 Session 1

Day 7 Session 1

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Mindful-Dreaming-Harness-Happiness-Positive-ebook/dp/B0C94XJHMZ?ref_=ast_author_dp&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.rq7aBaq16H6t_zNWYMTYCY8qCu-NeMLUP8AyXpO_vGieef6xFlLrSFiC1Tc3AJGpMW2U1I8b8m6lRij0IQU19PvWrD2r0MbGlQ33z09guN8LqAxs3HgY3vTdcesyuu7xfhaeLpKi1_z-Bc90l-lTYA.z3OKIjt2iGcCARJWq1wiIazM3l4aXzkd-oFTEXc3eVM&dib_tag=AUTHOR

Andrew calls Dr Johnson the Queen of Dreaming. Have not read any of her other books, but all are on my bucket list.

Her youtube page is a fantastic free resource:

Top 10 Tips for Getting Lucid

3 Likes

This is one of the most helpful books for interpreting your own dreams by tuning into a bodily “felt sense” of what rings true for you. He takes you through steps for interpreting your own dream. In my opinion this approach is much better than using dream dictionaries which can sometimes offer meanings that don’t ring true.

3 Likes

So glad you posted this. @_Barry told me about it and i bought it, but have not cracked it open yet.

Time to crack it open.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Dreams-Awakening-Lucid-Dreaming-Mindfulness/dp/1781802025

A++++++

Charlie is a rock star!

I have yet to read his shadow book yet but am dying to crack into it soon:

3 Likes

Have not read, but if you are having trouble with Nightmares I think she is the expert to consult.

3 Likes

:star2: The BEST “Dream Books” for me: :star2:

And i just started this book, recommended by @aholecek in the video i posted recently.

4 Likes

AMEN sister

:cowboy_hat_face:

Andrews books are:

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

3 Likes

Charlie in NY, 18TH-20TH OCTOBER 2024 WAKE UP TO SLEEP WEEKEND, OMEGA INSTITUTE, Rhinebeck, NY. Details coming soon.

2 Likes

Ref: Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker

That’s interesting just saw this I’ve not seen before. Im currently reading.

3 Likes

@NightHawk999

I love :heart: all his books! … the way Andrew writes as well as his teachings and interview style. I read his first book immediately after it was 1st published having seen it posted on his Facebook. I tend to stay with the same/few authors.

Its a wonder why Andrews books aren’t mentioned here either:

3 Likes

Yeah he is a rock star.

You did not list my favorite book of his:

Essential for any person on the spiritual path, and any serious dreamer

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

4 Likes

No. Because your post asked for books on dreams!
But here’s the others.

3 Likes

He mentions dreams in this book. :wink:

As well as this one, (my second favorite book of his):

4 Likes

Just going by what you asked for!

3 Likes

Appreciate that.

@Bianca_Aga , I think because his entire website is basically a book club for dissecting his work.

The idea of monthly, or 2 month, or seasonal book club in the forums would be something I am definitely interested in for discussing a chosen book. Not sure if that would be something that would gain traction or interest others.

So many great books out there, so little time. And I feel like reading a book with a group of people and discussing it, is almost like reading the book multiple times, through multiple different minds and perspectives. You appreciate the depth of the text so much more.

Have not read further in the Christmas Gifts from you and @_Barry , but maybe either of those books would be fun to group read?

2 Likes

@BlessingsDeers got me reading this book last year. I am very impressed with Roberts work, wisdom, and knowledge.

Andrew calls him a “Colossus in the World of Dreaming”:

p1

“You have knowledge of being part of a bigger game”

p2

3 Likes