Lucid dreaming vs dream yoga vs sleep yoga

I am reading Dream Yoga and am very moved by it. I want to begin on the path you are describing, but don’t know where to begin, given that there is lucid dreaming, dream yoga and sleep yoga, and now your new book talking about daytime lucid dreaming. Should I be focusing on what I’m reading in Dream Yoga, or would it be helpful to participate in your discussion group based on the new book? What is best for someone beginning?

With gratitude and metta,
Steve

4 Likes

Welcome to the 'Club. Why not go through Andrew’s Dream Yoga Course that is free for members who joined as Emerald members.

1 Like

Thanks, Barry. I was wondering whether the discussion group based on daytime lucid dreaming would be helpful for a beginner. Steve

2 Likes

Reading Dream Yoga is a good start for a “beginner,” but we all bring our life experiences to our dreams and many beginners have backgrounds in associated fields such as Dharma, Psychology and meditation, among others. Daytime lucid dreaming practices include engaging in illusory form practices, many of which Andrew reviews in the new book and throughout this Nightclub site. There are many beginner resources available here including The Night School and in numerous webinars. Have you attended the "Hangouts" on Thursday? That is a great place to ask Andrew any questions you have, as well. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks very much, Barry. All the best.

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest Steve (@Scena), you have many options. Reading the Dream Yoga book is perhaps the best place to start ( but you can also augment that book by attending the upcoming book study group. Those books “bootstrap” each other, or lift each other up). If you’re just beginning, another option would be to do the Foundations of Lucid Dreaming course, that’s an entry-level nuts and bolts look at lucid dreaming. Don’t worry about sleep yoga, or even the more refined aspects of dream yoga, that will all unfold later. In short, take your time, enjoy the ride – and realize that the journey is the goal. Truly. If you had to decide between these options, I’d do the Foundations Course, you can always listen to the study group material later.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Andrew. I’ve just finished Dream Yoga and plan to start reading the new book and sign up for the study group. I know it’s a long journey and there’s a lot here to explore… I’ll take my time and I think I’ll enjoy the ride…

1 Like