Dream Signs

In my daylight hours I wear glasses. When looking for dream signs, I realized I don’t see through glasses in my dreams. I thought I could use this to trigger lucidity, but I can’t seem to be aware of it to check while dreaming. Is there some sort of state check that I can do during the day? Should I ask myself if I’m wearing glasses often during the day?

Any tips or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Night Club club! I’ve heard that if you consciously put on glasses in a lucid dream, the dream will become even clearer. Perhaps develop the intent to put on glasses, maybe a special pair, say gold rimmed frames, that could be a state check in a dream.

2 Likes

One way to work on recognizing dream-only phenomenon during the day is to do what I call “daytime MILD”. Basically, you recall and visualize a dream scene (it can be more effective after relaxing and reaching a meditative state first), reliving it, and then you visualize yourself recognizing the dream sign and becoming lucid in the dream. I like to loop over visualizing a key image that I want to recognize, and affirm to myself “I’m dreaming! I’m dreaming!” I’ll repeat this for a while. By the way, this is also how I “set” a PM target for PM exercises.

2 Likes

What is a PM target?

1 Like

That is very helpful advice. I have been wondering how to set the intention of recognizing dream signs that occur often as dreams.

Thank you