Dream Yoga Elevator Pitch

“Hey, Steve”

“Hi, Jeremy. Where you headed”

“I’m on 9” <pushes the button for the 9th floor>

“So, Steve…what’s with this Dream Yoga that I hear you’re in to?”

"Well…once I realized that the images that I’m surrounded with all day are just empty illusions due to their complete lack of a true self nature, I started learning how to establish an unbroken and reciprocal continuity of consciousness between my waking time and my dream time so I could be just as consciously aware in my dreams as I am when I’m awake.
Since then my dreams have become a wonderfully transformative experience and my life has started to become an exercise in compassion and joy."

“Glad to hear it, man. Well, this is my floor. Say hi to the wife and kids”

I think my elevator pitch needs a little work. Any assistance will be deeply appreciated.

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

@Steve_Gleason :+1: great, man! don‘t tell me that this was a real elevator conversation :rofl:

1 Like

I assume you’re both wearing masks. :mask: :mask:

1 Like

Actually…the apparent need for an elevator pitch ( https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/elevator-pitch.htm ) came about last night when my wife asked me out of the blue how that lucid dreaming thing was coming along. I love her dearly but when it comes to spiritual matters we are from different planets…so I keep that stuff mostly to myself.

So I stumbled badly with my answer…starting with a somewhat meandering explanation of the subtle differences between Lucid Dreaming and Dream Yoga. As her eyes began to glaze over I was saved by her cell phone.

I’ll be more ready if she asks again…next year. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

grabs stranger by collar, slams them into wall

shouting: ARE YOU AWAKE? IS THIS A DREAM? DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR TRUE NATURE?

speaking in soothing tone: It’s OK…we all forget sometimes…dream yoga can help. Look up Andrew Holecek sometime. Just one more thing…

NEXT TIME YOU SEE ME WILL BE IN A DREAM. GOT IT, PUNK? USE YOUR TIME WISELY!

runs out of elevator

4 Likes

When I started to talk to my wife about Dream Yoga and lucid dreaming three years ago she insisted she never heard of it—with the implication that it didn’t exist. She’s a Tibetan Buddhist from birth (60 years) who has practiced from early childhood and has known/knows many Rinpoches and evolved souls. So I asked her to check with some of them and to her surprise they verified that it indeed exists and has its roots in the Dharma. Peace at home and support, though she has no interest in it herself.

I love this!

Funny thing is…just a couple of nights ago. I was lucidly observing a dream…just kind of floating about…when a stranger walked in to the scene. He looked about as if he was lost. I went to him and said, “Don’t worry, man…this is a dream that you are in.” He looked at me and said “No way…this is no dream”.

Excellent! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Truth is, my friend, that I pretty much am a recluse in many ways. Kids are all grown and gone and my wonderful co-star and I do our own things while orbiting around each other.

I spend a great deal of time in contemplation and study these days. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Sujata, pretty great name too.

Sujata, a daughter of the landowner of the village Senani near Uruvela had once pledged that she would offer the milk-rice to the spirit of the tree if she gave birth to a son. As her wish was fulfilled she asked her maid Punna to visit the tree and prepare the place for offering. When Punna visited the place she saw Gotama sitting under the tree. She then mistook him to be the tree-deva and reported the matter to Sujata, who in a great joy reached the spot and offered him the milk-rice in a golden bowl.

Gotama accepted the bowl; walked to the river-bank; bathed in the Suppatthita; and then ate the food. This was his only meal after the gap of forty-nine days.

1 Like

Perhaps consider it inspiration.

1 Like