Sent this to immonu-doc, thought I’d share here. Both decrease neurotransmitter threshholds (loosen up the “go button”) but with different results. That’s all I know.
Glutamate - bad
– VGCC test available (when the synapse is chronically ON, neurodegeneration occurs)
– GABA is antagonist, post-synaptic
– Glycine balances…what? (it comes into play somehwere)
– Burns out neurotransmitters. Suspect behind Alzh, Autism, ADHD, etc
Acetylcholine - good
– Galantamine - extract of an herb
– Rx’d for Dementia (in Medicare’s Rx Formulary)
– OTC – taken to increase lucid dreaming
– “CFS breathing” - wonder if it’s related?
– Willing to bet excess homocysteine is culprit (see Methylation Map)
Dopamine - both good and bad
– Too much: neurotoxin. (Parkinson’s
– Too little: “dysexecutive” (adhd)
– unsure of pre- or post- synaptic, or just availability per se