Galantimine study

5 Likes

Good article, though a little optimistic about Galantamine, nevertheless I’ve had success with it myself.

3 Likes

I took 8 mg every Friday night for 6 months or so. In conjunction with WBTB and SSILD I achieved regular lucidity and my dreams were super vivid. The lucidity was sometimes a bit frenetic but that made me work a bit harder on dream control. The idea of that program was to train my brain to lucidity.

I stopped that a few months ago. Now my conscious awareness in the dream is much more natural feeling and it comes along without a lot of extraneous classic lucidity technique. I work instead with the more subtle dream yoga protocols. It feels like there is a level of conscious awareness almost all the time now…with a bit of extra effort between sleep and dream it gets more pronounced. That is what I was aiming for.

I went back to the galantamine a few weeks back and it was a wild ride. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Interesting article. Galantamine is not over-the-counter where I live, so I never had any experience with it.

They seem to use also the 4,5h window (3x 90 min cycle).
I wonder how that would have compared to the 6h window (4x 90 min cycle) in terms of length and vividness of LD.

I never go for the 4,5h window, since I am too tired the next day, but rather for the 6h window.

What are your experiences in terms of time windows?

2 Likes

I get up at 5:00 AM every day…so I’m in bed early. My optimal window is always around 2:00.

My sleep cycle is pretty well established but it is an odd one. It really consists of four naturally occurring 2-hour cycles. I wake up naturally and often journal at the end of each cycle. At the end of my third cycle I always do a WBTB for nocturnal meditation. That would be when I would take the galantamine.

3 Likes

I usually get up at 8-9AM so I take Galantamine usually around 4-5AM, but the initial sleep time can vary by an hour or two. Galantamine in the US is over the counter (Amazon) and is also paid for by Medicare—so I now get 8MG tablets prescribed.

2 Likes

6 h window is fine as long as you can fall back asleep. You do have one less REM period to work with compared to the 4.5 h interruption though.

3 Likes

The key is being able to fall back asleep with Galantamine. If you’re a light sleeper, as I am, it’s always the first thing I assess before taking it.

Other factors for me include the sleep and dream history of that night.

If I have planned to take it in front of my third cycle and I wake up from a strong and seriously clear dream in my second cycle I tend to re-think that plan.

If I wake up from that second cycle feeling fresh and somewhat rested from a deep sleep…I know I am good to go.

1 Like

@kristenlamarca Thank you, your comment actually got me rethinking… For some reason my last couple WBTB at the 6h window did not work out so well. Perhaps it also had to do with changing bed times.
I’ll actually retry the 4,5h window on the weekend.

1 Like

Actually, I had been going to sleep 12-12:30, even 1, so 5-6 would be closer to 4.5 hrs. Last night went to sleep at 10:30 and took Galantamine at about 3:AM with great results.

1 Like