From Russia with love

That is a really good point! I never even thought about that! If the West and Ukraine really wanted to stop buying Russian oil they would have crippled that pipeline months ago.

Very strange indeed, as I said before, something doesnt smell right about this, and I dont think that selective bombing is justba coinicidence.

That makes me very happy to hear! The older I get, the less and less I believe in mere coinicidences. I dont think that is just a coinicidence either. When the Universe/God communicates to us like that, it is always wisemto give it a good listen.

It is my understanding that the Euro is at its lowest levels in over 20 years. The US dollar skyrocketed to new highs earlier in the year, but has sold off a bit in the past few months. The inflation here in the USA is hurting many Americans, and there are recession fears on the horizen. The inflation levels we saw this year were at its highest level in over 40 years. Someone is laughing their way to the bank, and its not the American middle class or lower class :frowning:

On the inside cover of my first Economics college text which in 1964 cost a whopping $12.

1 Like

I checked out the link and it took me to a page on queen Elizabeth :frowning:

I am not sure how what I posted above contradicts these statements? Perhaps you misread what I was saying?

I disagree. The US has a very long history of getting involved with its military in other countries in the name of ‘helping’ those countires, or ‘helping’ the surrounding countires. If we had stronger leadership here, I believe Putin would have never invaded.

I am aware of this, he was announcing his intentions to invade months before, but it was not covered by any of our news media outlets becuase they were busy with Covid stories.

This is why I cant put the blame fully on Putin, he sees Ukraine as being stollen from him and the Russian people.

I am completely agree, I did not even imagine that Russian news would generate such a violent reaction, this once again proves that this crisis is truly global in nature and painfully affects everyone, wherever they are. If someone would like to continue communication regarding the policy, then I would offer to communicate, say, through Facebook or even by e-mail or something. I will gladly share the news and my personal assessment of the current situation in my country

1 Like

This is why I feel it is so important to have a dialogue and openly exchange information on this topic. While part of this site is devoted to meditation and LD and dream yoga, if you look deeper at these practices I think they all share a common goal:
To help bring an end to the suffering of all sentient beings.

While some topics may be unconfortable for people to read or talk about, I believe closing onself off from the nature of reality and censorship cuases far more harm. The practice of being Open in mind and heart to information, opinions, and perpectives is far more important than shying away from topics that may upset a few egos.

I truely believe that if people around the world took to the streets and protested in great numbers, they could convince their governments to find a creative solution to end this war and the senseless violence that is killing so many innocent women and children.

He’s blessed who visited this world
In moments of its destination –
Like for the feast or celebration,
He was invited there by gods;

1 Like

and like a native of the heavens,
drank deathlessness from their cups

1 Like

Good job! It sounds great in Russian!see you!:grinning:

1 Like

@BorisA What do you mean by “violent reaction”?

In response to @NightHawk999 's opinion that:

I think it was necessary to point back to the facts that this war on Ukraine was planned and executed by Mr. Putin and therefore he is directly responsible for the casulties. This direct responsibliity should not be downplayed.
Therefore I felt I needed to respond to this.

If you meant that in your view it is a “violent reaction” that I wrote that I didn’t want to further continue a political discussion on this forum, which is a lucid dreaming/dream yoga forum, I simply stated the fact, that I was done with the discussion after having replied.
I see nothing “violent” in that.
By the way, all the views you wrote up to then have been balanced and I was touched by your compassionate response regarding the casulties.

1 Like

I apologize if I didn’t choose the words quite right, since English is not my native language, I meant that you are right and this forum may not be the proper place to discuss political issues. As a practicing Buddhist, I understand and share your attitude towards the war. War is definitely not a method for resolving disagreements. I also would not like my personal assessments to generate discord in this peaceful forum.Of course, my attitude towards the victims of this terrible war remains the same. I sympathize and condole with them. But as I already said, due to the laws of war in my country, I cannot speak out as frankly as possible. I hope you understand this and accept my apologies, since I did not have the intention to offend and upset anyone.

3 Likes

I agree that he is directly responsible, however, I also believe that when there is evil in the world destroying people and ruining their lives, and countires have the ability to intervene, they should.

The reality of the situation is far less black and white than it appears. It is my understanding that the Western countries created Ukraine to punish Russia for the cold war.

Fast forward a few decades, and Ukraine is still an ‘infant’ in terms of its strength. There is high levels of curruption in their government that prevented them from joining NATO, and their military is very small. A semi-poor anology would be that we separated an infant from its mother and father, and then expected the infant to grow up big and strong with no help from anyone.

If a father is beating his children and abusing them, and the neighbors can see the bruises and damage being done repetidly, I believe they have a duty to act and end that senseless violence.

The strategy of ‘Appeasement’ did not work out well for Europe 80 years ago, not sure why Western leaders think it is a wise strategy now.

1 Like

I bet it does, and I bet much of the beauty of that rhetoric is lost in translation. Really loved that poem, thank you for sharing it.

Fun fact:

Do you know how that Roman Cicero died?

This is why I felt it is so important that an open and honest dialogue take place here. The cost of doing it in other places may cost your your tongue, or your head, or both.

Cicero’s last words are said to have been:

Ego vero consisto. Accede, veterane, et, si hoc saltim potes recte facere, incide cervicem.
I go no further: approach, veteran soldier, and, if you can at least do so much properly, sever this neck
Oh these Romans!

1 Like

Even though I am a Buddhist, I try to follow the old good Bible commandment
Judge not lest ye be judged!

1 Like

Bingo.

Its my understanding that his severed head was placed on a stake, and the wife of one of his political enemies pierced his tongue with giant hair pins.

The right to speak ones mind is sacrosanct in my opinion, and the First Amendment of the US is one of its greatest and most sacred assets our country posseses.

Amen brother

1 Like

In my humble opinion, there are no completely good or bad nations. We can recall Nazi Germany, at a certain stage in its history, the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or somewhat earlier pages in the history of the great British empire, I
I mean the uprising of the sepoys or The Indian Rebellion of 1857, by the way, there is a painting by the Russian artist Vereshchagin called the shooting of the sepoys, they were shot by tying them to the muzzle of cannons.
However, in fairness, the sepoys also did not remain in debt. As well as the crusades, as well as Islamic terrorism 
 Well, modern Russian history, including today’s events in Ukraine, and also like Chechnya, for example, So I repeat Judge not lest ye be judged!

1 Like
1 Like

very true, nothing is ever completely black or white. Hitler witnessed the worst depression in generations, and the overwhelming desire for a leader to save his people from extreme poverty and suffering is something most people would have had, the big problem was the means he used to accomplish this.

Your Cicero quote reminded me of one of my all time favorite quotes:

“Forsan et heac olim meminisse iuvabit”

Powerful words to draw strength from in difficult times

1 Like

And here is another interesting onemind-blowing fact. sorry copying from wikipedia.
In 1931, the Nazi Party (then a minority in the Reichstag) proposed a ban on vivisection, but the ban failed to attract support from other political parties. By 1933, after Hitler had ascended to the Chancellery and the Nazis had consolidated control of the Reichstag, the Nazis immediately held a meeting to enact the ban on vivisection. On April 21, 1933, almost immediately after the Nazis came to power, the parliament began to pass laws for the regulation of animal slaughter.[11] On April 21, a law was passed concerning the slaughter of animals; no animals were to be slaughtered without anesthetic.

On April 24, Order of the Prussian Ministry of the Interior was enacted regarding the slaughter of poikilotherms.[13] Germany was the first nation to ban vivisection.[14] A law imposing total ban on vivisection was enacted on August 16, 1933, by Hermann Göring as the prime minister of Prussia.[15] He announced an end to the “unbearable torture and suffering in animal experiments” and said that those who “still think they can continue to treat animals as inanimate property” will be sent to concentration camps.[11] On August 28, 1933, Göring announced in a radio broadcast:[16]

An absolute and permanent ban on vivisection is not only a necessary law to protect animals and to show sympathy with their pain, but it is also a law for humanity itself
 I have therefore announced the immediate prohibition of vivisection and have made the practice a punishable offense in Prussia. Until such time as punishment is pronounced the culprit shall be lodged in a concentration camp.[16]

1 Like