👹 FX Shogun | On Hulu and FX (miniseries starts Feb 27)

To see the 1980 miniseries in its entirety go below. Pretty good in the day.

2 Likes

The book is fantastic if you have not read it, highly reccomend. i really like how the author did the ending.

This was one of the first novels I read after high school. Not sure how historically accurate it is, but the depiction of the Samurai and how well trained they were is very well done.

2 Likes

Have not seen the movie series, but really looking forward to watching this.

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes

@NightHawk999 The Daily Motion clips do not flow the way it does in the earlier one I posted, however, both are good resources. The book was terrific, I agree. I visited some of the places from the story when I was stationed in Japan. There is also a tangential connection to the Alamo that I discovered when living in San Antonio..

Clavell’s later books about Hong Kong are also excellent reading.

2 Likes

I dont like the water marks either, or quality, but it looks like all the episodes are posted there, go off the numbers in the titles.

2 Likes

Rewatched it on the Internet Archive, AD free, (compressed into 4, 2 hr+ episodes) and it was very good. Last viewed it in 1980 and it holds up well. Good video quality. I loved the book, but it is an overwhelming read, so well written you want to go slow. As I recall, it was the original series that popularized Ninjas. Looking forward to the new mini series version next week.

2 Likes

Great mind thinks alike

2 Likes