Greetings Malta

I’m happy that I found the dream yoga books from Andrew and looking forward to progress in the practice.

5 Likes

Welcome, feel free to ask any questions you have here. Also Andrew does Q&As weekly, if you have questions for him you can submit them to Profile - AlyssaModerator - Night Club Community .

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I’m still in the very beginning and have in general a sleeping problem. Is there a video of the the sitting lion pose? I try all the techniques during the day, its fun. My home is full of stickers, like he says in his book :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is this what you are looking for?

1 Like

I don’t think that this is the right one. I’m looking for the pose which Andrew describes in his book as technique 8, sitting Lion Pose, where you are kneeling, you tip your head back and roar like a lion. I have no idea how to make that sound in order to stimulate the throat chakra. Maybe someone was practicing this and has a video of it? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As I recall, that is similar to the pose that Andrew uses. He demonstrated it during one or two of his online retreats and during in-person retreats too. The roar was just as deep and vocal as one can muster. Not sure which retreats or if there are specific recordings of it, but when he is available for questions next month, it will be a good one to submit. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you very much :blush: :pray:

2 Likes

I’m not sure this is accurate but wanted to add so you could decide.

The Sitting Lion Pose is a variation of the traditional yoga pose called Simhasana or Lion’s Pose. It is believed to stimulate the throat chakra and release tension in the face and neck.

To perform this pose:

1. Come to a kneeling position with your knees hip-width apart and your toes touching behind you.
  2. Place your palms on your knees, spread your fingers wide, and press down gently.
  3. Inhale deeply through your nose and exhale through your mouth with a long “haaaaa” sound, while sticking your tongue out as far as possible and gazing up towards the third eye.
  4. Repeat the exhalation 2-3 times and then come back to a neutral position.

It may take some practice to get comfortable with making the sound. Start by exhaling slowly and then gradually increase the volume of your roar until you feel you are making a strong and powerful sound. You may also try to visualize the sound vibrating through your throat and releasing any tension or blockages in that area.

It is important to note that this pose may not be suitable for everyone, especially those with neck or spine injuries. As with any new exercise or yoga practice, it’s always a good idea to consult with a qualified yoga instructor or healthcare professional to ensure that it is safe for you to perform.

Also a second source:

To make the roaring sound in the Lion Pose, you should follow these steps:

1. Begin by sitting in the Lion Pose, which is also known as Simhasana in yoga. Kneel on the floor with your knees hip-width apart, and sit back on your heels. Place your palms on your knees with your fingers spread wide.

2. Inhale deeply through your nose as you open your eyes wide and lift your eyebrows.

3. As you exhale, lean your torso slightly forward, tip your head back, and open your mouth wide.

4. Now, make the roaring sound during the exhalation. To do this, stick out your tongue and try to touch the tip of your tongue to your chin. Engage the muscles in the back of your throat to create a deep, guttural sound, similar to the way a lion roars.

5. Continue to inhale and exhale while making the roaring sound, focusing on the vibration of the sound in your throat. This vibration will stimulate your throat chakra.

6. Practice the Lion Pose for a few breaths or for a few minutes, depending on your comfort level. Remember to relax your face and throat muscles after each roar.

Note that this pose and the roaring sound may feel a bit awkward or silly at first, but with practice, you’ll become more comfortable and may experience the benefits of stimulating your throat chakra.

3 Likes

This is great, thank you so much. I’ll try it today and tell you tomorrow if i had some dream’s, or maybe even lucid dreams. :blush::pray:

2 Likes

Welcome to the club!

I found it very helpful to read his books, and then listen to or watch the Book Club video for the corresponding chapters. Lots of depth in the pages that Andrew digs into.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, where can i find this video?

2 Likes

It is part of his book study group. Book Study Group - Andrew Holecek . It was a little confusing when I first did it but if I remember correctly, with a paid membership I you get access to all of Andrew’s recorded book studies where he reads the book and breaks it down then does Q&A for each section.

2 Likes

Perfect, i have a paid membership, I will find it then.
Yesterday when I was falling asleep I was aware if it. And so much aware that I woke up and couldn’t sleep anymore for two hours. I’ll practice and definitely not giving up. Thanks for all your help. :blush::pray:

3 Likes

“I’m still in the very beginning and have in general a sleeping problem. Is there a video of the the sitting lion pose”

Do you mean lion pose for sleep? Or the one for yoga?

What is your sleeping problem.

Andrew and The Sleep Doc, may help with that. You can ask the Doc questions ahead of the meeting too, and then watch video.

3 Likes

Hi there!!

Welcome to the community! My name is Alyssa and I am Andrew’s administrative assistant and zoom host. I see everyone has been super helpful already, which is one of the may things I love about this community, but please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

2 Likes

Is it possible to send you a personal message or has the questions to be visible for everyone?

You can send me a personal message. Click on my username, and you’ll see “Message”. That will send it to me only.

1 Like

Might be useful.

1 Like