Hello from Los Angeles

Hi Everyone,
I finished Andrew’s Bardo course a few days ago and was blown away. I’m a long-time Vajrayana practitioner, and like so many of us I’ve been inspired to deepen my practice by recent events. I’ve known about dream yoga for a long time but I felt like I needed a qualified in-person guide. Here we are!

I’m bringing a couple of particularities to the dream party: Couple of months ago at the age of 60, I was diagnosed with extreme ADHD and narcolepsy. Neurologically, it was like finding out I’d been walking around with an arrow in my back my whole life. It explained quite a lot! While I have direct experience that Tibetan yogic practices are all about neuroplasticity, and I can’t imagine this won’t help, that’s not why I’m taking the course. I am taking the course because I do not want to go around on this samsaric merry-go-round again if I can possibly help it. And according to all the lamas I ever heard, Dream/ sleep yoga is the bullet train out of this joint.

I write, compose and paint and am developing a DIY music therapy that combines an intuitive approach to guitar with meditation. I also have a journalistic background in health, medicine and well-being.

May everyone be happy!
Caleb

7 Likes

Welcome to the Night Club. Lots of resources and clubbers here to share resources and experiences and plenty of opportunities to delve deeper into Dream Yoga practices. Looking forward to hearing more about your DIY music therapy that combines an intuitive approach to guitar with meditation. While I don’t play an instrument except maybe the recorder, I like the idea of music (and art) for therapy and renewal.

4 Likes