Dreams from British Columbia, Canada

Hailing from Victoria, BC and just completed Andrew’s Bardo course and Dream Yoga from Tricycle… am hooked.

I’ve been practicing (okay, not diligently) within the Kagyu lineage for a long time (~ 30 years). Exploring dream awareness as portals into subtle states of mind is what brings me to Night Club.

Like Kimber’s introduction (thank-you!), I’ve been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and now focused more keenly on bardo and clear light practices… it’s all helpful at this interesting phase.

8 Likes

Great to have you contributing to this 'Club. You wrote, “Exploring dream awareness as portals into subtle states of mind is what brings me to Night Club.” For example?

1 Like

Greetings to Victoria and welcome to the forum!
I used to live a couple of years in BC ages ago and still have good memories of Vancouver Island, Victoria and Canada in general.
What practice are you focusing on currently?

1 Like

Hi @abruce !

Welcome and I’m so glad you have found this community, this group of people are so kind and incredibly helpful! I look forward to hearing more from you and wish you all the best on your journey!

1 Like

Welcome I am living on the Island too, in Duncan BC
Beryl

1 Like

Hi Barry,
I am anticipating that lucid dreaming (and the nocturnal yogas) will heighten and stabilize the experience of pure awareness (dharmakaya). For now, playing with lucid dreaming through Andrew’s instructions and teachings are interesting beginnings!

2 Likes

Thanks KhyungMar…just starting with Andrew’s teachings and exploring the dream induction techniques he outlines in the Dream Yoga text… (also practice somatic awareness within the karma kagyu lineage).
How about you?

1 Like

Wonderful! Good to know there are kindred spirits in the neighbourhood Beryl.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome and vote of confidence in this community. I look forward to learning with and from you all!

2 Likes

Have you read/been reading Andrew’s Dream Yoga book? He does a live read every other Thursday and is a great place to ask questions and try our ideas as well as share experiences.

1 Like

Thanks Barry, I’ve downloaded the text and will check our the meeting… much appreciated.

2 Likes

There is a huge wealth of information in the webinars on here. I just started his book club videos and the interview series, so much good stuff

1 Like