Kink in my Vajrayana Practice

I could use some support from other Vajrayana practitioners. I don’t have a teacher right now and I have a nagging lack of confidence throughout the day that I’m in alignment. I’m all over the place. Should I be practicing lojong, Prajanaparamita, Tara… It’s worth noting that the sensation of 'maybe I should be doing something other than what I"m doing at this moment" is, of course, my basic existential affliction.
Cheers!
Caleb

I’m not familiar with the protocols that you are considering but a quick look at them makes me think that they are more aligned with the Creation Phase. Perhaps you might consider some of the Completion Phase protocols that I mentioned in the other thread.

If you are not feeling grounded in your practice perhaps a bottom up approach that works more with the envisioned metaphysical anatomy would be helpful.

“Don’t look for another source of refuge. The body itself is a sacred mandala.”

Siddharajni

1 Like

I knew I’d come to the right place. My practice is very Bardo-centered right now. This looks like the perfect medicine for the moment.

Indeed, westerners who try to climb the Himalayas without a guide… you can wind up with… there’s a word for it in the DSM VI – oh, yeah, “insanity.”

with Gratitude,
C

It seems as though I have been breaking the rules for the last year or so. :slightly_smiling_face:

…still staying relatively sane. Hmmmmm…at least I think I am. :sunglasses:

I’m a Vajrayana student with a teacher, and yes you really do need to find one. There are a lot of places to get stuck in your practice and form habits that go counter to your intentions unless you have the right guidance. I have found some sources on the internet for recorded and live teachings from authentic Dzogchen teachers. I can share them if you want to email me privately. In the meantime I highly recommend Lojong. The further you go with Dzogchen the more you realize how invaluable Lojong is to that practice. They are like the two wings that enable a bird to fly. Wisdom and compassion are interdependent.

2 Likes