Dzogchen and Non-duality from James Low

I just stumbled upon this gentleman.

13 Likes

This was excellent, thanks for posting.

1 Like

A student of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

3 Likes

First came across James Low via one of his books, “Being Guru Rinpoche”, which can be very useful in helping us westerners understand the meaning of sadhana, as well as helping us understand monkey mind in various ways. James has a background as a psychologist; combine that with his wisdom and knowledge of buddhism, and you’ve got dynamite! (in a good way). Have listened to a lot of his audios online and always get something out of it. Also keeps me on my toes. Some of what he says really has helped loosen concepts and leave a bit more groundlessness. Because of this, it’s not always easy or cozy listening. James’ teachings are not for somnolent listeners, that’s for sure. Thanks for bringing our attention to this video, Steve.

Have dipped into several of James’ other books and have found them fantastic.

3 Likes

Um…wow. Clearly articulated. Here is a man of deep understanding.

3 Likes

quote from James Low’s talk: “Illusion is the play of the clarity of the empty mind”

1 Like

Great way to accompany my packing (we’re moving). Enjoyed his journey. i appreciated his realization at the end that it didn’t matter if you were rich or poor or great or sore in your past life. it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Plenty of snakes in a darkened room . . . .

Buddha told of seeing snakes in a darkened room that were really only ropes . . .

I keep seeing snakes . . .

They’re only ropes, but fear makes them snakes (or other worry terrors). Yes, the light of awakening is needed. Paging AWAKENING, please arise!

1 Like

Thank you Sunjata. This film impacted me in so many levels. The statements of “ he doesn’t tell me”, or” no much reaction” or “he doesn’t explain me” are so revealing.

2 Likes

Fantastic video, well worth the watch

1 Like