Illusion me

My first book on “ Dream Yoga “ by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche was gifted to me by my father sometime in 1999. At the time i lived in NYC and the bustling city somehow resonated to me as Illusion. City that never sleeps yet the sun sets and rises. The boat of Ra on never ending journey of million years and sounds that pave a way through transcendent sky scrapers. Years have passed and dream continues becoming a silent witness.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community. Looking forward to hearing how you used the lessons from the book. Did you ever meet The Rimpoche?

3 Likes

From Buddhist angle it is very important to recognize the illusion. Even to just see it on occasion can weaken our many false attachments. Thank you for sharing and your visual writing.

4 Likes

@Sara welcome to Night Club !
In 2008, reading this book by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche was the reason for me to engage in meditation practice and was my first contact with dream yoga.
@_Barry For me, TWR is my first teacher and I was lucky to meet him on several meditation retreats. I first met him in 2009 on a Tsa Lung retreat in a small setting with about 40 people. Very accessible teacher, who can „translate“ dharma context into modern western language with a lot of humor.

5 Likes

I did not meet Rinpoche Tenzin in person, the lessons gave me more curiosity on what dream really is ?
I started observing detail of nature of things like never before. Implementing meditations from all kinds of philosophical backgrounds ( sort of like getting to know different schools of thought ). I also realize that in the world of dream proper grounding, perhaps a role of teacher is significant. To some extend i thank my father who would send me these amazing books.

4 Likes

Did you engage in the Dance?

3 Likes

@_Barry Actually over the years I attended a number of retreats with TWR on different topics, mainly Dzogchen and inner energy practices of sound and body, but I was not aware that he was giving dance practice? Or do you mean late Chögyal Namkhai Norbu with the Vajra-Dance?

5 Likes

@KhyungMar I had to look up “Vajra-Dance,” and found this short video depicting it (for anyone interested).

I’m amused to note that it’s on the “DzogchenTV” channel. Hopefully their slogan is “the TV you’re always-already watching!”

~ArthurG

4 Likes

Love watching the “Vajra-Dance,” in person. Wanted to join in but of course, need to learn it first.

4 Likes

@ArthurG @_Barry Yes, I thought that‘s what Barry meant when he asked about engaging the Dance. I unfortunately never met Namkhai Norbu but was fascinated by the power of his books.
The Vaijra-Dance looks very mystical. As far as I remember reading, it was transmitted to him via dreams.

4 Likes