Liminal Dreaming

I have not done much work with Hypnogogic or Hypnopompic dreaming. Figured since I have Jennifer Dumperts book, now would be a great time to share some ideas about the topic.

2 Likes

Check out her dialogue with Andrew, she really influenced his thinking on the subject. I read the book but I liked the audio book better because she reads it.

2 Likes

I remember him saying that in the interview. I always prefer it when the author reads the book, feel they can emphasize the important parts much more via tone.

1 Like

@Michele1

Covers most stuff you may already know, but I liked her vibe, and thought she had some really good insights:

Have not checked out the other videos in her channel yet, but there may be some gems waiting to be unearthered there.

2 Likes

Thank you, NightHawk999!

2 Likes

It’s interesting to hear it always from another perspective - kind of the same said in different words…

2 Likes

Yes, but I liked how she emphasized the point about the correct way of doing reality checks.

Love that picture :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Bucket

A few good vids here

2 Likes

Thanks NightHawk, I’ll take a look at the material. Have you been working with liminal dreaming? Any things you might suggest to a beginner?

3 Likes

Like @_Barry said, if you can do it on a day when you are really exhausted, it amplifys the speed and vividness and ease in entering and staying in the liminal state. I like to set an alarm for 10-15min intervals, when I know I will pass out quick. Then I can practice liminality a few times before turning off alaem and going to bed.

Your meditation practice will help with this and LDs as well.

Do you know how Dali and Edison did this?

2 Likes

Yes I know about Dali and Edison. Will use that technique. The alarm idea is a goof one too. Thanks for the suggestions!

2 Likes