Nonmeaningful synchronicity

Yes, you could call it Awareness or God or Buddhamind or Emptiness or Brahman or Tao or whatnot. Lao Tzu said “the Tao that can be spoken is not the true Tao.” It’s beyond human concepts and language. It permeates everything . It is the Ground of Being. You could say it’s like a “gravitational field that flows through the entire Universe” or more accurately I think the Universe arises from it and is permeated with it. It is the Dreamer and the Universe is it’s Dream. That’s how I perceive it when I’m in deep states of consciousness and the mystics in various traditions express this in various ways.

3 Likes

Really well said, beautiful. I believe this as well.

This Buddhamind that flows through everything, can it give traditionally inanimate objects like a mountain, or a tree, or the sun, a sense of awareness? Or possibily even a small degree of consciousness?

2 Likes

If we believe that consciousness is the Ground of Being, then it would logically follow that everything has some degree of consciousness. Traditionally, scientific materialists have argued that only highly complex systems with lots of complex feedback loops (like the brains of higher animals) are conscious. However, there are now a growing number of consciousness theorists who are taking a “panpsychist” position, Panpsychism is the view that it’s all conscious, from the smallest elementary particle on up to complex brains. Their are degrees of consciousness, however. An elementary particle would only be a small speck of consciousness and as systems become larger and more complex, they become increasingly conscious.

3 Likes

@_Barry … this link here to the interview with Andrew and Pema Chodren is so beautiful :pray:t2: . She tells the story of a woman who was dying & what happened the day before she died … wow!

3 Likes

@ Barry - thats pretty good analogy if you ask me. I took some pretty heavy acid trips in my youth and ever since synchronicity has been present. And it was like that- everything would be synchronicity. Deepak’s deepest retreats where all about it back in the 90’s. I was never free to do them and they were super expensive. Dependent Origination sounds about right though. I could imagine inviting the ego to relax and get the self to deconstruct; would be a great practice. As for small trite ones they might be some kind wake up call - and I have heard of some pretty far fetched happenings but I think trying to attach significance or meaning to them brings the small self back unless thats your goal - which don’t get me wrong would be no small thing. Buts its reifying in my experience. If it leads to winning the lotto- good on you!

5 Likes