Novadreamer/Best sleep mask to buy

@Andrew, Hi I was wondering if you have a place to buy the nova dreamer mask. I cannot find a purchase option anywhere online and I contacted the lucidity institute as well. If there is no option what would be the best out there now that you would suggest? Thanks so much

3 Likes

Welcome to the 'Club. Research about this and other similar devices can be found here. I don’t think that mask is for sale any longer.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the comment and link. I appreciate you taking the time to send that in here for me. Thanks for the welcome as well!

2 Likes

Welcome. There’s a lot of hype and demand for such devices, but few results surrounding LD-assist devices (just look at all the failed kickstarter campaigns) LaBerge’s NovaDreamer2 has been “coming soon” for about 8 years now. I used a Remee (a sleep mask that would shine LEDs on a timer, not even REM detection) for a few months (before it broke) with basically no results (the one time I saw the lights in a dream I woke up immediately).

Nothing beats a solid, organic, personal LD practice. The best devices can do is give you a little nudge. The foundation of a solid waking awareness and frequent reflection on your experiences will yield the best results (as well as focus on building strong dream recall).

3 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate that advice. I like the organic simplicity over the complexity. Look forward to more communication!

2 Likes

@_Barry @Dream_Hacker @rem.pitlick
I just looked for a thread on this topic (was going to start a new one if no one had talked about it before). I have looked for these masks recently and basically found what @Dream_Hacker wrote in August 2020- regarding the NovaDreamer2 “coming soon” for years and the Remee mask that flashes lights on a timer (no sensor). Since it’s been three years I thought I’d check and see if anyone has heard, found, or seen anything since then. I totally get that solid LD practice/techniques is the ideal, but I’m so remedial I’m looking for all the help I can get, and if a mask like this is out there I’d drop good money to try one.

2 Likes

Saw this at Walmart and Amazon, but I am averse to anything touching or going near my eyes in this way. Andrew recommends Mindfold to spend some minutes a day in total darkness as a way of getting acquainted with it. A bit cheaper at other websites.

1 Like