On The Same Page - with Andrew Holecek

๐‰๐จ๐ข๐ง ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐š ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐: ๐Ž๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐š๐ ๐ž - ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐€๐ง๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ ๐‡๐จ๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ค ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž ๐ฌ๐œ๐จ๐จ๐ฉ ๐จ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐€๐ง๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฉ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐จ๐ง ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค.

๐˜ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ โ€œ๐˜™๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ: ๐˜š๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜Š๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ˆ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ˆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜–๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜ดโ€ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜’๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜›๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜—๐˜ฉ๐˜‹. ๐˜ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜Œ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ. ๐˜’๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต 9 ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ด โ€“ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ต. ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฑ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ. ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ โ€“ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต. ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด โ€“ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต.

*Click to shop:

5 Likes

Are these events going to be recorded? Can you submit questions prior?

These are just weekly post! Just something to let everyone know what books Andrew is/has been reading and some insight.

2 Likes

Itโ€™s nice to keep abreast of Andrewโ€™s readings and postings because his curiosity makes for interesting contemplations and follow-ups. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

๐Ž๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐š๐ ๐ž - ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐€๐ง๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ ๐‡๐จ๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ค
I just got back from a conference at Esalen, and spent lots of time with the legendary Michael Murphy, who co-founded the place. I picked up his best-seller โ€œGolf in the Kingdom,โ€ and canโ€™t put it down. As a golfer myself, this is a must read. Anyone who plays this game knows how spiritual it can be. As Michael told me over lunch, โ€œGolf is a mystery school,โ€ and his book plunges deep into the mystery.

*Click to shop:

2 Likes

๐Ž๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐š๐ ๐ž - ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐€๐ง๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ ๐‡๐จ๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ค
In preparation for our upcoming nonduality retreat, Iโ€™m re-reading Thrangu Rinpocheโ€™s classic book โ€œPointing Out the Dharmakaya.โ€ Itโ€™s a brilliant book by a real master about investigating the nature of mind, using analytic meditations. Rinpoche is without peer in discussing this topic from a Buddhist perspective. Iโ€™ve devoured all his books on this topic over the years, but this one may be my favorite.

*Click to shop:

2 Likes

Iโ€™ve spent my life exploring the nature of reality, from Eastern and Western perspectives. One recent branch of exploration for me is critical realism. The book Iโ€™m reading now, by the founder of this school, Roy Bhaskar, is The Formation of Critical Realism. Itโ€™s a cogent counter-view to idealism, which is what I resonate with the most, and worth a read for the deeper divers.

Click to shop:

Iโ€™m reading Integral Recovery: A Revolutionary Approach to the Treatment of Alcoholism and Addiction, by John Dupuy. As a big fan of Integral Theory, itโ€™s great to see this holistic approach applied to substance abuse. I totally agree with John that if you want true long-lasting recovery, you have to approach it from an Integral perspective. And because substance abuse occurs at so many levels, this book has wide applicability.

Click to shop:

It is rare to find a book that can literally change the way you see the world, but An Immense World, by Ed Yong, is such a book. With a poetโ€™s pen and a scientistโ€™s mind, this book will expand the way you look at the animal kingdom, and bring a childlike sense of wonder and delight towards the world in which we are all embedded. I cannot recommend this book too highly.

2 Likes

Heard Andrew mention this in the Zoom meeting video, and it interested me then. Thank you for the reminder, definitely going to check it out.

1 Like

Disclaimer:
*Night Club is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Purchases made using affiliate links may generate a small commission,helping to enable us to continue to produce programming and provide resources.

1 Like

Iโ€™m reading The Flip: Epiphanies of Mind and the Future of Knowledge, by Jeffrey Kripal. This is a short gem of a book about the conversion that takes place when hardcore scientists and intellectuals have spontaneous awakenings that radically challenge their materialist views, and flip them into spiritual (and more idealistic) views. Jeffrey is a remarkable scholar, on the edge of the Academy. Highly recommended.

2 Likes