Prepping to die

Greetings All,
I am just joining your group and would like to introduce myself. I live outside Boulder CO. I have studied Buddhism since 1976, starting at age 16. I have been teaching and leading retreats for the past 28 years. I have ALS and am prepping to die. I am putting a lot of emphasis on the dream state now and prepping for death. I am declining fast physically but in all other ways am doing quite well. I am delighted to be joining your group. Thank you for including me. Blessings to you all. Tory Capron

10 Likes

Welcome! I recommend Dreams of Light if you have not read it yet to get a nice quick power boost to retrain your subconcious waking brain. Andrew’s work in that book guiding the reader to quickly use illusory form (which transfers into the dream state) is so top notch I went to his retreat just to get 5 copies personally autographed for people I knew.

I’m not sure if your a fan of this kind of music but here’s a quick Jumpstart from me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

2 Likes

torycapron

Have you read Andrew’s book Preparing to Die: Practical Advice and Spiritual Wisdom from the Tibetan Buddhist Tradition? I have found that to be an excellent book on the topic, recommended to me by several people over the years, till I finally bought it last summer.

2 Likes

Wanted to add these are both on audible too if you prefer to listen.

3 Likes

Blessings and prayers for your most auspicious transition, Tory. Thank you for joining and sharing your journey. :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you all. I loved the song. I have read Preparing to Die and will read Dreams of Light. Blessings to you all. Tory

4 Likes

Here is a song about preparing for the Bardo that is sometimes referenced in Andrew’s webinars:

4 Likes

Fabulous ! Thank you!!!

3 Likes

Hello @torycapron :slight_smile: thank you for your sharing.

Today I was sharing this song with my students:

with a question from the depths of the heart:
“Could it be that music is a vehicle to dreams in the same way that a movie has its’ magic thanks to the soundtrack?”
this inspires me to give you a suggestion:
» to chose some songs/sounds that you love;
» to chose musics/sounds that you’d love to experience in your next life/dimension/experience;
» saying goodbye to the old songs/sounds with deep gratitude;
» enjoying / discovering the new.

Infinite Blessings on your passage.

Big hug with deep love.

3 Likes

Really glad to have you join this community. What was the most meaningful teaching that you have learned in your study?

If you have not checked out Andrew’s interview series, would highly reccomend.

3 Likes

I found watching Andrews videos on this really helpful. Especially liked videos 11-14. In one of those videos he mentions it may be the deepest part of the book. Really good stuff.

What is your meditation practice like?

What is your lucid dreaming and dream yoga practice like?

3 Likes

Tory, how are you doing now? Kind regards, Petra

7 Likes

This seems sad and worrying that you didn’t get a reply Petra.

4 Likes