šŸ„¶ Some more cautionary notes on Artificial Intelligence

I donā€™t have as much time as Iā€™d like tonight to dive into this and there is a lot more to talk about but I wanted to get a quick reply out. I typed up my reply and had AI write it so it made more sense. I had a ton of errors in my original. Should have mroe time tomorrow if you want to discuss it further, butnfor now:

AIā€™s capabilities are rapidly expanding, with an already vast knowledge base set to grow even more in the coming years. The ChatGPT store, for instance, offers specialized apps tailored to various fields, enabling users to engage with AI trained on specific scientific papers or proficient in particular mathematical domains, among others.

The potential of AI to contribute to saving the Earth is immense, primarily due to its ability to simplify the processing of a wide range of information. This, in turn, democratizes access to AI, inviting a broader spectrum of individuals to devise solutions to global challenges.

Consider this scenario: AIā€™s ability to write programming code could empower an electronics enthusiast to develop a robot capable of autonomously roaming the ocean, collecting trash, and signaling when it requires emptying. In the past, such an endeavor might have necessitated a team of experts. However, with AIā€™s assistance, the future may see individuals achieving feats that previously would have required the collective effort of many, thus not displacing teams but rather reallocating their expertise to multiply project outputs.

Moreover, when individuals engage in projects that resonate deeply with them, the outcomes are often superior. In the past, people might have settled for projects that were merely satisfactory, constrained by the necessity to earn a living. With advanced AI, they can now explore and innovate within their dream fields, such as clean energy, even if previously there were no opportunities to do so. AIā€™s specialized training enables individuals to navigate complex areas they might not fully understand on their own, propelling them towards realizing their aspirations of making meaningful contributions to planetary well-being.

In summary, AI is revolutionizing the way we process and implement ideas, accelerating advancements in fields that might otherwise take decades to evolve. By harnessing the power of highly advanced and specialized AI models, humanity stands on the cusp of exponential progress across a myriad of domains.

2 Likes

3 Likes

@_mbready. A good answer. May it be so. I pray that it will be used for good and not ill. Like any powerful tool, it may benefit many or be incredibly destructive. Or spin totally out of human control and no longer be a tool but a destructive force. This century is going to be quite the wild ride. We shall see which way it goes. May it be a beautiful dream and not a nightmare.

1 Like

We need safe fusion power as opposed to fission (the current form of nuclear energy). Fusion is what happens inside the Sun and itā€™s totally clean - no nuclear waste that will be around for centuries. The problem is safely containing fusion so it doesnā€™t go out of control and explode. But it seems like progress is being made in that area.

2 Likes

Here is the below in audio:

The Hopi have a somewhat interesting prophecy I just came across in the video attached below. This ancient wisdom suggests that the fate of the fourth world (our present moment) hinges on humanityā€™s alignment with the Creatorā€™s will.

To me, AI represents a kind of Hail Mary pass, offering humanity one last opportunity to align with this divine plan.

This perspective acknowledges the validity of both optimistic and pessimistic views concerning AI. On one hand, AI embodies the potential for unprecedented forms of conflict, echoing the prophecyā€™s forewarning of the fourth world being consumed by fire from above. On the other hand, if leveraged with wisdom and care, AI promises a future where poverty is eradicated, universal basic income is a reality, and society enters a golden era of peace, creativity, and fulfillment.

The crux of the matter lies in our collective ability to harness AIā€™s vast potential responsibly. I think the era ahead demands discernment, as there will inevitably arise a moment of decisionā€”a crossroads foretold by the Hopi prophecy.

Should our choices resonate with the values of love, harmony, and peace, the Earth will flourish. Conversely, deviating from these principles risks fulfilling the prophecy. The irony of it all is that both sides resides within a global form of collective free will.

Ultimately, the responsibility rests with us, my hop(i)e is that we are able to shape a future that honors the great spirits intelligent cosmic design.

Here is the opening segment from the video:

ā€œPreserved for us in myths and legends, in folk traditions and in certain very ancient monuments, the testimony of our otherwise lost and forgotten ancestors appears to be trying to tell us that a hideous calamity has descended upon mankind from time to time, that on each occasion it has afflicted us suddenly, without warning and without mercy, like a thief in the night, and that it will certainly recur at some point in the future. Should it do so ā€“ unless we are well prepared physically and spiritually, unless we behave towards one another with love and respect rather than hatred and scorn, unless we make positive rather than negative choices ā€“ the testimony of the ancients warns that we will be obliged to begin again like orphaned children in complete ignorance of our true heritage.ā€

Interesting to note and relavant to this prophecy is that prior to a year ago I have not seen meteors. In the last year ive seen either 7 or 8 bright ones and they were all captured on my dashcam.

Here are the 3 meteors that had synchronicities tied to them. The others seemed random, I saved the videos but never shared them.

1 Like