Sudden "Road Block" in practice and tried Galantamine last night

Hi new friends,
First of all, I do understand how “patience is a virtue” and I am in this for the long haul, I was just curious about some recent observations and wondering if anyone had similar experiences. I have been very conscientiously following everything I have been studying for 5 months now. I have been dream journaling every day, meditating, reality checks, being lucid during the day and have been reading many books. I am hoping finding my way here will be the big difference,
The problem is that at the beginning I was having very vivid imaginative dreams that had me questioning if I was in a dream. 2 times I did a reality check and my finger DID go through my palm, but then got so excited I woke up.
Now for the past 3 months, my dreams have been so “normal” that nothing makes me question if I am in a dream and nothing close to lucidity. I did Wake back to Bed a week ago, with no success and last night did it with Galantamine (4 Mg) for the first time. I did have a couple of vivid dreams, but no lucidity.
It feels like I am going backwards.
I am listening to the webinars about Obstacles and will keep listening. Just wondering if this is normal.
Thank you so much,
Steve

2 Likes

Hi Steve,

I’ve been trying for about two years, sometimes with a month or two in-between lucidity, though I do have dreams and I usually remember most, as well. For me, the daytime practices and looking at any dreams as teachable have kept me patient and ready to try again each night without too much anxiety.

Any dream can be teachable so I will examine my thinking in a dream and observe how I react in non-lucid dreams to see if my thoughts and behavior have evolved for the better, or not, even though I haven’t been lucid.

The lucid dream, as I see it, is just a means to an end of self-improvement. Of course it’s fun to fly and change things and be in command of the dream life, but expanding my frame of reference has made small successes as important as those great lucid dreams. I’ve heard several of the more well-known LD folks discuss their own fallow periods, so it’s not uncommon.

1 Like

Thanks Barry, I think I got overlying optimistic with a bunch of the online teachers out there promising Lucid dreaming in 30 days,etc,Way too much salesmanship out there, It’s almost like buying a timeshare…lol. Don’t know if you have seen that. The best is when I emailed them with question and they got back to me with a sales pitch for yet another course for $49…or sometimes they would try and sell me the same course I already had bought…wow…This site seems much more “the real deal”. Yes, I am looking for personal growth, but I do want to fly…hence the username…
Steve

2 Likes

Steve, I admit flying is great. I’ve done it a few times, and I do that in VR occasionally, hoping to have it carry over into dreams (though not yet). Perhaps coming to one of the Dream Group meetings might inspire you, as it often does for me.

1 Like