😎 The Dazzling Dark, an interview with John Wren Lewis by Caroline Jones

Andrew mentioned this interview in his Q&A last night. Really interesting, compelling.

From the YouTube feedback thread:

Amazing. I have listened to many accounts of nde’s but this one is the absolute best. It answered questions I have had. His belief that the visions and experiences of light are really a part of coming back feels so right to me. Most accounts of nde’s include phenomena that relatives, spirit guides, lights etc… My mystical experience capaulted me to the one thing - LOVE, the kind he describes here.
Thank you for posting this.

4 Likes

I am only half through, but, oh Lord, what a wonderful interview. Just delightful…the part about the experience of pain…I can relate to that. When pain is given the attention it deserves as being consciousness - instead of resisting and judging it and wishing for it to go away - it dissolves. But in my experience there is one incredible, absolutely delightful step before that, which is becoming one with pain: no separation, “I am the pain!” Nothing wrong with it! Realizing it’s beauty as just one expression of the whole. I experienced it as a blessing, when going towards the pain instead of away from it and dissolving into it with no ‘I’ - obviously - that was indeed a moment of wonder. Suffering starts when I move away from ‘home’, from That.

I had submitted a question for the Q&A session, was waiting for it to happen and then…oh, yes, very human :slight_smile: I forgot completely about it (it was 1pm in New Zealand), feeling ashamed and disappointed afterwards. But hey, you are sharing this bit and it already lifts me up.

I also wonder if the darkness all my intense dreams are immersed in is nothing but that: the benevolent force that I AM and not a darkness meant to crush me. Maybe this change in viewing darkness will already have an effect on my dreams? It is all encompassing, always there, kind of the substance of it all.

Thank you for posting the interview.

4 Likes

Amen

I like that he gave a shout out to genesis, and think his take on light helping with the separation is very interesting (13min-15min mark):

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness."

4 Likes

“the void, which is no void” 14min mark

@Bianca_Aga , see also ‘abyss’

“eternity consciousness”

3 Likes

@NightHawk999

Emerald Tablets Of Thoth The Atlantian - Keys of Thoth’s Location, Amenti.

Tablet 2 - Then from his throne came one of the Masters, taking my hand and leading me onward, through all the Halls of the deep hidden land.

Led he me through the Halls of Amenti, showing the mysteries that are known not to man. Through the dark passage, downward he led me into the Hall where sits the dark Death. Vast as space lay the great Hall before me, walled by darkness but yet filled with Light.

3 Likes

Along the same lines ‘The Kybalion’

Summary:

The Kybalion is a classic text in occult literature that distills Hermetic principles, such as the Law of Correspondence, the Principle of Mentalism, and the Law of Cause and Effect, into a concise guide for understanding the nature of reality and the power of the mind. It explores the idea that everything is interconnected, and that understanding these principles can lead to personal transformation, empowerment, and a deeper understanding of the universe. The Kybalion offers a unique perspective on spirituality and consciousness, making it a valuable resource for those interested in esoteric and metaphysical teachings.

2 Likes

Never heard of this before, thank you for posting it.

Have not completed it. I really liked this part:

2 Likes

Never heard of this before.

Beauiful. Very fitting.

Might be a strech, but can see how this loosely fits into my abyss dream, a dark deep canyon filled with fires.

3 Likes

@Bucket

You may really like this video. :slightly_smiling_face: :innocent:

1 Like