The Deepest Meditation?

• fifth jhāna: infinite space (Pali ākāsānañcāyatana , Skt. ākāśānantyāyatana ),
  • sixth jhāna: infinite consciousness (Pali viññāṇañcāyatana , Skt. vijñānānantyāyatana ),
  • seventh jhāna: infinite nothingness (Pali ākiñcaññāyatana , Skt. ākiṃcanyāyatana ),
  • eighth jhāna: neither perception nor non-perception (Pali nevasaññānāsaññāyatana , Skt. naivasaṃjñānāsaṃjñāyatana ).
    (copied from Wikipedia)

Does anyone know any resources or videos that go into depth on explaining how to achieve these meditative states?

Last month I first heard of putting the meditative awareness on awareness itself in Michael Singers book The Untethered Soul. Then I heard it again briefly mentioned in one of Andrews Q&A sessions.

I am really fascinated by this and would really love to learn more and be pointed in the right direction to the best resources (books/links/videos) explaining in detail this process.

thank you

1 Like

Check out The Attention Revolution by B.Alan Wallace. Cheers

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing that. I will definitely look for it at the library this weekend. I checked out the chapter index on google, looks very good!