🙏🏿 UPDATED Wandering But Not Lost (Mingyur Rinpoche Film) Available online now (Short Review)

Excellent film that follows-up where the book leaves off, which is what I was hoping to see. The filmmaker manages to include some of the key teachings from the book into various vignettes along the four and a half year retreat (in an hour and a half film). Well worth watching.

2 Likes

I could not find a way to watch it online. Where did you watch it? Thank you!

2 Likes

6 Likes

thank you again, Barry!:slight_smile:

2 Likes

:pray: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1 Like

Resurrecting this thread because I think this article adds a nice take on the film.

From the article:

Although Wandering is ostensibly about the spiritual work of solitude, there is another message that rises to the surface of this film: that solitude, paradoxically, is consummately social. Despite Mingyur Rinpoche’s best attempts to escape the madding crowd, at every turn the wall of his solitude is pierced by the presence of others, like flowers growing through the cracks in concrete. Mingyur Rinpoche’s recollections of his retreat are marked by the constant presence of people: he describes the overwhelming smell of passengers on the packed trains, the hustle and bustle on the streets where he slept, the dogs that stalked him on the road as he wandered.

4 Likes