Meditation Is Easier Than You Think by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche

Mingyur Rinpoche, a rock star Lama in my opinion, shares this lovely short video on meditation. I also highly recommend his latest book, “In Love With the World; A Monk’s Journey Through the Bardos of Life and Death.” He is one of the few meditation masters I endorse unconditionally.

In this video, Mingyur Rinpoche explains the essence of meditation and describes some common misunderstandings about practicing meditation. He also shares some tips for bringing meditation into our day-to-day lives.

What is your reaction to Mingyur Rinpoche’s statement that you don’t have to be calm and peaceful in order to meditate?

2 Likes

I have to share that five minutes before I watched this excellent video a coworker came into my office on his way home. He said…“I need to know how you do it.” “Do what?” I said. “Always seem so calm no matter what” he returned.

I told him that I try to maintain a meditative mind at all times by hanging out in the empty space between moments and listening to the silence. At that moment my phone rang. “What silence?” he asked. I said…“You’re just not listening hard enough”.

We both smiled. I answered the phone. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes