Virus Situation

Lately I’m immensely stressed out and feeling anticipatory grief, both for people I know personally who are high-risk, the US, the world as a whole. Finding it very hard to concentrate and struggling to find a new normal in the midst of this bardo we’re all in. A lot of times I’m feeling fine on the surface, but various feelings bubble up from time to time, sometimes intensely. Most of us are going to make it through this. Very likely most of us are going to know someone(s) who didn’t make it.

I work – or at least recently have been working – in a library and have been on paid administrative leave for about a week; that will go for about a week longer and I’m anticipating a likelihood of being laid off after that – in any case I do not want to go back to work until I’m damn sure that if/when I or my wife get this the hospitals won’t be overwhelmed at the time.

I’m not getting as much sleep and my dream recall has been at a very low ebb.

My wife Liz and I saw the writing on the wall when the reports were coming out of China in January. In early February we started gradually getting some shelf-stable food (note: we did not go crazy and hoard, just gradually accumulated enough to subsist on for about 2 weeks if necessary). Both of us had the experience of being the only person at our worksites taking it really seriously early on.

Interesting times. R/evolutionarily potent times. The world is not going to be the same after this.

I decided this morning to start a thread for people to share their COVID-19 dreams if any of you want to: Anyone having COVID-19 dreams?

~ArthurG

3 Likes