Walking through walls is WILD

Early this morning [Oct 1] I had a WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream). After sleeping for about 5 hours I woke up and was unable to get back to sleep. Meditated for an hour, read for a long time, then lay down on a couch on my right side. I start to feel weird body sensations and strange sounds, consciously relax and transition into a dreamscape, standing in front of a door. In the lucid dream that follows I push through various walls, at one point getting through by visualizing what’s beyond it; at another point I remember Andrew’s technique of putting his back to the wall and stepping backward; I do this and it works brilliantly! I also flew, alternately Superman-style and by making swimming motions.

At one point I see 3 magazines and look for an interesting title to memorize and take back to the waking world. On a copy of Tricycle I see something about “Living Your Best Life” (don’t think I’m remembering it exactly right).

Finally I have a non-lucid false awakening in which I successfully confront a bully.

A couple of elements of this dream were clearly inspired by VR games I played recently.

In conclusion: Yay!

8 Likes