Your progress in maintaining lucidity?

I am interested to hear what other people have done in their journey to maintain lucidity during dreams what has worked and what they have learned from.

2 Likes

I made this question because this morning i had a dream that was so frustrating. I’ve been making progress maintaining lucid dreams at first i used to lose my vision and then just wake up now i have been able to remain lucid with no vision long enough to wait until another dream emerges and then usually it will result in a false awakening or a non lucid dream… this time it was somehow in the middle because as i was lucidly aware i remember thinking “okay be prepared for a false awakening he prepared for a non lucid dream and you will remain lucid” but i woke up not even in my own bed with my brother and girlfriend next to me (obviously still dreaming) and i immediately start explaining the dream i had and how excited i was to continue the lucidity and i start non lucidly justifying how this is the real reality and how i couldn’t be dreaming because you’re both here and so are our dogs and we were picking the dogs up in the dream… which makes Zero sense and it was as if i got flashed with a men in black mind stick then i ended up getting thrown into another Dream scape eventually waking up unable to attain that second stage of lucidity … it really speaks volumes of how unkowingly addicted i am to non lucidity…

2 Likes

Usually, I try to stick my had through walls. It’s my go-to lucidity confirmer. Whenever I decide to do it, a wall appears, I pierce through it, and I continue being lucid—all except for the other night when I was certain I was lucid and tried to stick my hand through a bank wall and it didn’t go. I laughed and woke up. I got frustrated for a bit but then there is always tonight!

2 Likes

I have found that rubbing my hands together and spinning as if I were a top have both helped to ground and prolong lucidity when I felt the dream breaking up or fading. Though I have also woken myself up by rushing into rubbing my (dream) hands only to start rubbing my physical hands. (Oops!)

2 Likes

Yes I’ve also done similar things like spin around to avoid the collapse I’m not necessarily concerned about the collapse because i found i can remain calm enough to not wake up i just lose all of my senses and then it’s a waiting game for me to get put into a non lucid dream … i need to do more physical reality checks

2 Likes