About the Introduce Yourself category

I live in Encinitas, just north of San Diego and do my best to be in or on the ocean to start my day 6 days a week.
I just began the lucid dreaming journey August 14th 2020. I had a few lucid dreams prior to this. I had and have wonderful dreams. But I began studying lucid dreaming 8/14/20. On 8/17 I had a lucid dream in which I was healed. This was so powerful, so much more than anything I experienced in life or dream that I became determined to learn more and experience more. Since then I have been watching videos, reading books and exploring a whole world I am thrilled to enter. I have only had 2 more lucid dreams in my 2 months on this journey. One was the experience of love and gratitude, the 3rd was a kundalini opening. I wake very soon after becoming lucid. Each experience has had an extremely powerful energetic effect on my physical body that has reverberated in my body for 10-20 minutes after waking. The first healing has had a lasting impact. I have a lot to learn and many questions.
I began my spiritual journey when I went to India in 1971. I spent 7 years in an Ashram. I have spent the past 20 years working with Family Constellations. This year I am studying mediumship with Mavis Pittilla via zoom. I just found the book Induced After death communication which utilizes EMDR (the practice that uses REM to treat trauma) and it catalyses After death communication for the client. This must be related to lucid dreaming but the author does not make the connection. I am very excited to have so much of what interests me coming together. I am on the threshold of a new greater reality and I am full of questions. I am looking for people that have answers and or more questions, thatā€™s what brings me to nightclub.

Hi I am from Makati city in the Philippines. I love to read romance novel, appreciate good food so am always experimenting with new recipes, I enjoy baking and love plants and flowers. I dabble in ikebana flower arrangements and also take lots of pictures and edit many of them.
I just started my interest in dreams and their interpretation.
I would like to learn how to encourage dreaming and than want help to understand them.
I also want make new friends.
This is tillit

1 Like

You sound like a person I would like to know. I recently came across work I believe you would be interested in because of your work with hospice,death and dying, the fact you are a psychotherapist and your interest in Lucid dreaming. I am very interested in this, I just found it last week.

This interview is what captured my interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvVHYO9CsBE
DR. ALLAN BOTKINā€™S WEBSITE: http://www.induced-adc.com

1 Like

What a wonderful story momodia. My heart lifted as I read it.
Thank you

Hello all. I am delighted to join this special group. I live in a little town outside of Vancouver BC Canada. My passions include music, horses, my work (play) as an executive coach, and my passion for the natural world. I am coming back to lucid dreaming after 50 years of being embroiled in living life (with a fair amount of struggle). I am now gratefully at a place where I can afford to spend my time on the things I love. I am returning to my interest in Tibetan Buddhism.

Many years ago I worked on developing the skill of lucid dreaming and came to a place of being reluctant to record my dreams and share them with others - so I stopped. I very much want to re-engage and look forward to these studies and meeting you all and receiving the gifts of your contributions.

2 Likes

Hello Fellow Dreamer,

I am quite new here myself but would like to welcome you to this community nonetheless!

I was wondering why you became reluctant to record your dreams at some point? Was it perhaps because of time constraints or was it something more specific to the nature of the dreams? No need to answer if this is too personal. I am just curious.

1 Like

Hello from Oodham territory in arizona,new to dream yoga. lucid dreaming since childhood.want to learn more.

4 Likes

Hey @Monie, wonderful, youā€™re in the right place, and welcome to the Club!

Be sure to check out the #virtual-hangouts on Thursdays at 3pm ET (12pm PT) live on Zoom - itā€™s a great opportunity to connect with @Andrew, ask him questions directly (if you have any) and also to connect with other Night Clubbers.

Let me know if you have any questions as you start to explore the Night Club - Iā€™m happy to help :slight_smile:

Greetings my name is Donald Goldstein from bucks county Pennsylvania I have been studying Andrews course on the Tibetan book of the dead I have been reading that book for 50 years I received refuge in Buddha in 1976 in Bhodinath Nepal with Jamgon Kongtrul and the 16th Karmapa I have practiced acupuncture for 40 years and based my work on love compassion and kindness I am delighted to be here :v::heart::pray:t2:

3 Likes

Thank you for your question. I grew up in a family where there was a great deal of distrust and where ridicule and ā€˜teasingā€™ were a common way to interact. I think my reluctance was from the underlying expectation of rejection.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Iā€™m sorry to hear about the challenging context you describe. Teasing can get dangerously close to bullying, particularly for those among us who are sensitive.

My own family background is not that different from what you describe and I notice that I still get nervous about journaling today, when there is objectively nothing to fear anymoreā€¦

Once again, welcome to this space. I feel very safe here. I look forward to exchanging with you again.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I am from Toronto, Canada and first became interested in recording my dreams and night time practices after reading Andrewā€™s book Dream Yoga. I soaked that up (read every end note and wowā€¦I have never seen a book with such detailed end notes!!). Recently I completed a course offered by Sounds True that Andrew constructed - it got me practicing more regularly and also led me to this community. I have now had 3 lucid dreamsā€¦yahoo! I am very excited to continue exploring and learningā€¦

Fazila

4 Likes

Hi everyone! I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I have always been interested in dreaming and it was something I was really good at years ago. Iā€™m just starting to take it seriously again and have been using Andrewā€™s Lucid Dreaming workbook. I am still a beginner so Iā€™m really looking forward to learning more from you all! Iā€™ve also been doing some hypnotherapy with a trained professional which has strengthened my lucid dreaming abilities quite a bit.

I must admit that Iā€™m a little bit shy! So please feel free to reach out. I might need a little bit of encouragement to join one of the zoom meetings but Iā€™m certainly looking forward to meeting you all soon!

Erin

3 Likes

Hi Folks. Iā€™m a newbie. Live in Colorado and work as a painter raising $$ for environmental causes. Been working on lucid dreams for a couple of months after thinking about it for some years and recently receiving training from one of my Buddhist teachers. While I often know that I am dreaming, still unable to transform anything except once or twice. That said, if one could speed the path to awakening while sleeping, that rocks! So persistence, intention, and a mix of humility and confidence. I come to Night Club for support, to be ā€œremindedā€ to work at this and think about it daily, and for new ideas and perspectives on this work. Thanks

3 Likes

2021-01-20T11:00:00Z
Hello. Iā€™m Jane from Wellington, New Zealand. Iā€™m 72, a retired teacher and family person with beloved husband, 5 children and their partners and 3 grandchildren. All beloved and treasured. I had an NDE at age 4.5 years (I was dying of encephalitis) which I have never forgotten. I have been a strong dreamer until recent years when I have had various stresses including major arthritis and two knee replacements, one a year ago. I am working to get more well, lose the pain medication if possible and to reconnect with what feels like a lost inner world which I used to inhabit and which has seemed closed for some time. Iā€™m not a Buddhist but respect Buddhism. Iā€™m a daily meditator and a life-long seeker. I have had lucid and OB experiences. I believe my health issues to be part of my path here in life and I accept the experiences as valuable and part of my learning to be fully human. Iā€™m not good at joining interest groups - only child - and will wait and see how this develops for me. I liked Andrew when I saw him speak online. I will read here and see if new thoughts and impulses arise from my contact. My techniques for lucidity have failed me for quite some time, but I understand that I cannot always have what I want, but will get what I need. My kindest wishes to all here during this difficult time in the world, also.

3 Likes

I am living in Northern California, USA. I feel relatively new to lucid dreaming. I was referred by one of your members. I love music,attending tantra sessions, yoga, and meditation to achieve enlightenment. Looking forward for your help in the nocturnal.

2 Likes

Welcome to The Club! :wave:
Glad you all made it here! :grinning:

@Dg18
@fnurani
@Erinisdreaming
@honoralw
@Jane72
@Centurionman

I invite you to come hangout at our #virtual-hangouts on Thursdays at 3pm ET (12pm PT): Website | Zoom Link. Itā€™s a fun way to ask questions to @Andrew and connect with hundreds of Night Clubbers from around the world.

Looking forward to seeing you around The Club!

@AndyK

1 Like

@AndyK, thank you so much for your initial help here. It has been really more profoundly soothing in my heart than you might guess. I honestly didnā€™t really dare to hope an online community could offer much help for my LD ambitions and the current aloneness Iā€™m experiencing with it, but already things are clearer, and more simple then I could have allowed myself to believe. I do love it when I have that kind of disillusionment experience :smiley:
The practice of compassion has real results, doesnā€™t it! What all the world needs.
Jane72

Hello, Iā€™m Reed from Olympia Washington, USA. Iā€™ve always been interested in dreams, meditation and altered states of consciousness. Since I was a kid I would often get the feeling that the waking world was a little transparent or dreamlike. Iā€™ve been practicing meditation in the zen tradition off and on for a while. I recently became fascinated by dream yoga and want to begin including dreams in my practice.

I have never experienced and intentional lucid dream, so I am starting at step one. Came here looking for community and support because going it alone can feel pretty discouraging.

Iā€™ve struggled with anxiety and depression for several years and experience a lot of stressful dreams because of it. I hope that dream practice will help me to make a better relationship with my sleep and dreaming mind.

1 Like

Greetings:
Stumbled upon Nightclub and just joined.
Iā€™m in the US and for the longest while now awaken with the feeling that I have a very busy dream life thatā€™s pretty much forgotten upon awakening.
I keep a dream log and jot down all snippets and have experienced lucidity but only rarely.
Iā€™d love to understand what goes on after hypnagogia.
Glad to have found this community.

1 Like