About the Introduce Yourself category

Hello Dreamers, I am a long time dreamer too, with many dreams, going back to childhood. Just reading these posts and remembering how my dreams have been significant in many important twists and turns in my life, makes me smile. Thank you for having this forum.

I am presently reporting from snowy West Virginia in the USA, but I feel that I am a citizen of this blue green planet.

1 Like

Welcome. This is a good place to find. Iā€™ve not been here long but am discovering benefits which are intimate and real.

Hello Night Club Community,

I am a Thai and British citizen living on the Banks of the Thames in London. Having spent a lifetime in humanitarian work, I am retraining as a Yoga Teacher. For so long I have been deeply arrogant, snobbish, materialist and actually very ignorant about meditation/spiritual practice. From nearly ordaining as a Forest Monk in my 20s, I would say I have meditated all my life. Ho ho. So at the age of retirement, I am starting again. For a period in life 30 years ago, my father and I would play with lucid dreams, but lately I have become more curious from the perspective of consciousness and ā€˜being aware of being awareā€™. The other night, for the first time in my lucid dreaming I entered lucid dreaming seamlessly from being awake, after being alerted to the fact that I would lucid dream from the characteristic whooshing in my ears. So, now, Andrew Holecek has entered serendipitously from Lord knows where, and I think Iā€™ll experiment with some of his (and perhaps the communityā€™s) suggestions. It is good to be part of the community.

2 Likes

Hello Community: Iā€™m new to this forum and am looking forward to learning and growing together. I live in Iowa City, Iowa and am hoping there may be others in Iowa in this group. I work with my own and othersā€™ dreams as part of my psychological practice. I also do yoga, energy medicine, meditation, hypnosis, and other practices that allow higher consciousness to create healing in myself and others. I was lucid in my dreams long ago but I seem to have lost the knack. So, who knows where this might go? And I recently discovered The Headless Way which is the most direct path toward awakening that I have found so far. And that being said, Iā€™m so curious to see where all this dream yoga may take me and all the rest of us. Candida

PS. I recently completed certification as a psychedelic therapist and researcher and Iā€™m very interested to see how this work may dovetail with Andrewā€™s work.

Hello. I am called Ann Patrice. I live on the bluff above the southernmost bend of the Missouri River in an architecturally significant Craftsman Bungalow in Jefferson City, Missouri. I live with my spouse and our dog Miranda Mae who is an AussieDoodle and all our joy. I was introduced to Andrew Holecekā€™s work on DEATH some months ago. Neither my spouse nor I sleep well.

Hi everyone! I am always looking for drops of little enlightenments. Constantly searching to evolve my knowledge about my Self and my potentials. Thought I should start to study during my dream time and this might be a community to share with. Earning knowledge is also about experiencing and I am looking forward to nocturnal experiences.
In the 70s I started TM and practiced Sidhi techniquics for 20 years, co-created a spiritual community of 150 adult and 75 kids near my hometown Hamburg in.Germany. I met my great teacher in the Pacific Northwest and felt in love with the afterlife in 2012. Since that time I used to think and say, that dying is the greatest moment in a live: Itā€™s like waking up from the dream we are dreaming when we are ā€˜awakeā€™. I started 3 days ago and I learned about Bardo Yoga which I want to pursuit in a very special way. That would take lotsa words ā€¦

Hi Everyone. Iā€™m a brand-new member ā€“ joined NC because I loooove Andrewā€™s inspired teachings and couldnā€™t resist the ā€œgrandfatheredā€ rates that are expiring soon. I live in Culver City, California, met Andrew through the Shambhala Center in Eagle Rock, and attended the first Mago retreat. Been an active dreamer with lots of retention since I was young. Fascinated w/ what unfolds nightly, so hoping to build more lucidity. These practices go so great w/ the whole ā€œwaking upā€ thing.

Hobbies: Qigong, swimming, gardening. Right now having fun building a mini goldfish pond. Lotuses are blooming

Hi, IĀ“m Liselotte, a psychotherapist from Vienna/ Austria.
IĀ“m in all kinds of spiritual practices since decades. Yoga, Qi gong and other energetic practices and Integral Theory ( Ken Wilber / Gebser) and Buddhism, Advaita ( awakening and non-duality) and Hawaiian Shamanism ( in which I was trained for many years), where I learned and practiced did a lot of subtle body and light issues . And also the connection or somehow confirmation of much of what the ancient paths found out with modern science, esp ( quantum) physics. And I had lucid dreams and astral travel experiences.
This is a bit a smoergesboard, but this is about 40+ years of dealing with it in a couple of lines :slight_smile: ā€¦
I was familiar with Andrews name from the Integral Community and maybe also from Mingyur Rinpoche.
Ii stumbled over one of his video on youtube 2 weeks ago and immediately was fascinated, looking on his website as he covers so many topics IĀ“m so vitally interested in and connects them.
Of several reasons I didnt follow the lucid dreaming path as much as I wanted, but now IĀ“m here. Bought the Dream of light book by Andrew and am almost through.
Nice to meet you and looking forward to the practice and spending virtual time and space ( and emptiness :slight_smile: ) with all of you and Andrew.

Hi - Iā€™m Roger from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

I discovered Andrew in 2018 thru ā€œMeditation in the iGenerationā€ and am working my way thru ā€œDream Yogaā€ & ā€œDreams of Lightā€. As a school principal since 1963, I have had very limited experience in the Paranormal until I discovered Meditation, Lucid Dreaming, Hypnotism, OBEā€™s, & NDEā€™s about 5 years ago.

Have read some other authors, but keep going back to Andrew as he explains Meditation and Dreaming the clearest for me. I am most interested in developing OBE skills and preparing for the after life.

I was raised Roman Catholic and never missed Mass until I married the daughter of an Orange Man in her parentsā€™ home. Over the years I lost all interest in religion and was focused on the materialistic, scientific outer world. Now at age 77 I am discovering and exploring the inner world. I look forward to learning knowledge and skills that will assist me on this path.

I canā€™t seem to find a link/button that creates a post so you can introduce yourself. Please, advise.

1 Like

Hi @Bima21 -

From the Community homepage [https://community.nightclub.andrewholecek.com] click the ā€œNew Topicā€ button in the upper-right corner of the page (see image)ā€¦

A text-box will appear where you can create a ā€œnew topicā€ and introduce yourself. Youā€™ll want to change the ā€œCategoryā€ to ā€œIntroduce Yourselfā€ (see image below).

Alternatively, you can introduce yourself here on this thread - like you did above :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to meeting you :slight_smile:

Hello everyone

Annie here from Australia. I feel blessed to have found this group.

I have had a number of lucid dreams over the years. I have noticed that since I commenced a daily meditation practice this year the number and intensity of my dreams has increased. I am also finding I am connecting with deep emotions both during meditation and in the dreams. I am so curious about the connection and I am looking forward to hearing othersā€™ experiences.

Hello from Atlanta,

I struggled my whole life with nightmares that were rooted in childhood trauma. I started having lucid dreams approximately five years ago and they turned my fear of falling asleep into excited anticipation of my ā€œadventureā€. I still have nightmares, usually with apocalyptic storylines (Iā€™m a sci-fi junkie), but Iā€™ve developed tactics to make myself aware that Iā€™m dreaming and approach threats with confidence because I donā€™t die in my dreams and acknowledge this fact when Iā€™m lucid.

Iā€™ve also had some look solving complex client problems in a lucid dreaming state. I own a small marketing agency and my employees call them my ā€œBradley Cooper momentsā€ in reference to the movie Limitless where the character gains access to more of his brain with exciting results.

Up until this point itā€™s just been me and my dreams. I havenā€™t read much about lucid dreaming and have never learned tactics that may help me find more Bradley Cooper moments.

So, Iā€™m here with an open mind to listen, learn, and even share when itā€™s appropriate. I usually donā€™t share much with friends because when I hear myself explaining, I imagine I sound cuckoo.

As for my personal highlights, Iā€™ve been married for 21 years, have three teens who should start a comedy club, blow off steam at Orange Theory Fitness, love traveling in the direction of new adventures, and get paid to write articles about the environment.

Cheers,

Brooke M.

Hello. Iā€™m posting from Orlando, FL.

Iā€™ve been meditating for about 5 years and practicing Zen for about 2.5 years. I also enjoy skateboarding and yoga. I just found my way to Andrew Holecekā€™s book Dream Yoga by way of the dialogue between him and Swami Sarvapriyananda, then looking up Andrew to find out more. Iā€™m only about 60% through the book Dream Yoga but wowā€¦sign me up for some of that.

So Iā€™m just getting started on learning about lucid dreaming and dream yoga. The idea of practicing spiritual growth while sleeping is very interesting to me. Iā€™m late to the spiritual party so I have at least 40 years to make up forā€¦I could use the extra time at night:)

Looking forward to learning with you.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Iā€™m Matt, British, living in Ghana. I came across Andrew Holecek through his interview with Liam McClintock on the FitMind podcast and was blown away by some of the insights shared.

I have taken up yoga and meditation as daily practice just over a year ago to deal with stress from daily modern living (!), to reconnect with my inner true self, become more present for my family and to improve my health/keep fit in body and mind.

Iā€™ve dabbled very lightly with Lucid Dreaming, not experimented yet with Dream Yoga but also intrigued.

I have joined the NightClub after seeing in the main webpage as I enjoy being a part of a community and sharing experiences and insights.

Look forward to spending some time with you all.

Matt

2 Likes

Iā€™m Kel. I live in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. Iā€™ve been studying Buddhism for years now and also doing various yoga nidra practices. I heard Andrew on a Bob Thurman podcast and decided to get more involved to help my practice expand.
Iā€™m a poet (not a hobby), cook (GF + vegetarian), avid reader, and involved in community work.
I look forward to being part of this community. But Iā€™m rather shy around groups. Iā€™m unused to them, being an extreme solitary.
Tashi delek.

2 Likes

Hi Stephanie ~ my husband Dave and I are coming to Vermont at the end of September. We will begin our vacation by attending Andrewā€™s retreat at KarmĆŖ Chƶling and end up in Booth Bay, Maine. We live in between southeast and south central PA.

Iā€™m really solitary, and quite introverted, myself. I am new here too, and find this to be a serious, mature group with a wealth of information that I didnā€™t know was out there and that I am taking my time to savor and incorporate into my practice.Just take it at your own pace, I donā€™t see any particular reason to have to be social if you donā€™t feel like it.

Hello everyone, I am very happy to be here, my name is Boris, I am an entrepreneur from Russia, I was born in the city of Tula, not far from Moscow, Tula is known as the birthplace of the famous Russian writer Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace, now I live and work mainly in Moscow. I consider lucid dreaming as part of my larger Buddhist practice, I have been practicing Buddhism, predominantly in the Vajrayana tradition, for over 20 year.I also practiced Zen in the Korean tradition, there it is called Seon or Sŏn, I participated in the Kolche (90 day retreat) in the Korean temple in Seoul.
For the first time I became interested in lucid dreams years ago, in 2006, under the guidance of a Taoist teacher, and experienced lucid dreams after a couple of months of practice, however, at that moment in Russia there were almost no available sources on this topic, so I stopped practicing.
The terrible events of this year in Russia and Ukraine made my spiritual training much more intense . I was on a 10 day Vipassana retreat of Goenka Ji tradition and began to look for more advanced practices.
I was surprised to find that books by Andrew Holecek, Alen Walles and Tibetan teachers such as Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche are now available in Russian. So, exactly Mr. Holecekā€™s books inspired me to practice dream yoga and profound daytime practice of Lucid Dreaming.
I recently experienced the first case of lucid dreaming in 15 years. It could hardly be a coincidence, but it happened on the night after the initiation of Padmasabhava, a revered saint in the Tibetan Tradition who is revered as a second Buddha. I prayed to Guru Rinpoche in the night after the initiation and I had amazingly vivid and lively dreams. I suddenly realized that I was dreaming and I tried to tell people about it in my dream. However, they did not believe me. Then, remembering the advice from the book of Mr. Holecek I jumped up and slowly flew over the surface.I was literally filled with pleasure and joy, and when I woke up, I kept these feelings for the whole day.
May all sentient beings be happy!