Anyone interested in practicing together with Lucid Dream tasks?

@slynnparr Wow, how did you manage to have a four hour lucid dream? Did you use Galantamine? How did you practice before having the long dream?

4 Likes

cool, letā€˜s put that one on the list of tasks!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had chocolate ice cream in a dream. What does Orchard ice cream taste like in the waking state?

2 Likes

meā€¦ contact facebook imashta_lao

1 Like

Hi Night Clubbers ā€“ sorry to keep you all hanging on this good idea. I havenā€™t done this sort of thing before, but like the idea. I would recommend starting with one of the easiest things, which is flying in a lucid dream. Start with the first order intention to become lucid tonight, and make sure you repeat that intention with REAL conviction at least five times a day. Say it out loud to yourself, and really mean it. Then the second order intent is something like: I WILL become lucid tonight so that I can fly like an eagle (hey, play that song to remind you during the day), soaring through the clouds, then dive bombing towards the earth. Visualize doing this, FEEL it, add the octane of emotion to the intention. When you first become lucid, remind yourself ā€œTonight, Iā€™m going to FLY! Letā€™s do it!ā€ And go for a joy ride. If it only lasts a brief period, thatā€™s fine. If nothing happens, thatā€™s fine. Just keep going, and keep the intention up, which adds momentum. Letā€™s try this for a week, see how things go, then re-eval for next weekā€™s task. We can gradually up the ante, depending on how things go. People could then ā€œfile reportsā€ by coming onto Discourse and sharing their stories. But remember, donā€™t compare yourself to others, weā€™re all different. If someone has success, celebrate that, but donā€™t try to measure yourself against others. Thatā€™s one near enemy of this sort of group thing. Using a tantric visualization trick, you can actually close your eyes several times during the day and imagine yourself doing what you want to do in your dream tonight, really get into it, get your senses involved, visualization practice is equally ā€œfeelingization.ā€ Rehearse what you want to do in your mindā€™s eye, see if you can do this for 3 minutes or so without distraction, an intentional daydream of sorts that can plant seeds for tonight. Iā€™ll try to check in more during this week to see how folks are doing. Try ā€“ but not TOO hard. Find the middle way between too loose and too tight. Letā€™s see how this experiment goes, with a playful but determined attitude. Emergent design, as they say, ā€œwinging itā€ ā€“ so to speak ā€“ as we try to use our wings tonight. I personally find the wake-and-back-to-bed method the best, really works for me, so maybe review that technique. Itā€™s in one of the earlier webinars on Night Club, also in my Dream Yoga book, and in most of Stephen LaBergeā€™s books. Also do more state checks by jumping up and down, and add the extra step that when you jump up in your next dream youā€™ll keep going up ā€“ launching into flight. Iā€™ve triggered many many lucid dreams with this state check, and indeed starting soaring of this ā€œrunwayā€ technique. Letā€™s see what happens, and refine things as we go. See you in the clouds tonight!

12 Likes

Iā€™m a powerful lucid dreamer - have been all my life. I used Andrewā€™s advice about setting an intention, then getting up and going back to bed. I Kinda got trapped in it , like I was analyzing it , then came out talking about it with my partner, which was helpful but made me realize it has a message for me. So, I sat down and starting writing and all of a sudden insight started pouring out of me- another suggestion from Andrew. Iā€™m a long time yoga Nidra meditator, Iā€™m happy to lead you guys in yoga Nidra a. I love sharing! I also listened to the Ben Williams interview, jeez was that beautiful! I tried crying practice and it was amazing and beautiful. Finally, Iā€™m working with Phillip Moffit this summer too and his nine bodies work caused me to realize that Iā€™m really analyzing all the time - astral stuff, so Iā€™m practicing mindfulness and illusory form during day. Iā€™ve been able to calm by nervous system, which used to be pretty amped up by use rest, insight, and luck d dreams. Let me know if anyone is interested in learning the yoga Nidra ropes. As long as itā€™s okay with Andrew, Iā€™m a level 3 I rest teacher working on my certification. Cheers, Sheri

4 Likes

Re: Comparisons

I will say that lucid dreaming is clearly associated with high degrees of developmental stressors, in my case.And this correlates with my experience. My dreams are not about flying - thatā€™s what Iā€™m working on, deepening the experience. Right now, by body found my dreams as a way to communicate my emotional states. Does not have to be, could as easily be a strong intuition or a blazing insight - itā€™s organic way of processing what I have not digested. Hope that makes sense.

2 Likes

Still working on the insomnia bit. Iā€™ve tried Yoga Nidra through the VA and other guided sleep induction techniques (Charlie Morley) which usually work well for an hour or two but after wakeup, donā€™t work well if tried again on the same night.

From my experience itā€™s the getting to sleep part thatā€™s stressful. Iā€™ve had an average of 1.3732 (approximately) or more LDs a month, so I know I can have them with regularity if I can can get into a normal sleep rhythm, overcoming some of my chronic health blips.

2 Likes

This is not so easy if a lucid dream every night is your target. I have taken the view that remembering any dream, recording it with my Dick Tracy Apple Watch, and later writing it down is a good way to ā€œprime the pump.ā€ If that happens 3-4 times a week, Iā€™m good. Or, maybe I had a 'White 'Dream? Nothing wrong with that, either.

I examine my nocturnal thinking and look for insights to bring back into the day. When the stars align I can get lucid in a dream. A couple of weeks ago one of our dream group superstars described his attempts to fly into space, which prompted me to aspire to that the very next night. I did become lucid and did remember to fly into space. That was worth a month of middling, muddled, mind-half-full attempts. No big deal. Iā€™ve got all the time in the world to succeed!

Ultimately, the long, patient with oneself view is one that works for me.

6 Likes

Did you start this? I just joined this community. I had a couple of lucid dreams since i started reading about it. Work got on the way then I stopped practicing, now I am back. i was really touched with the first one. It gave me so much energy that it lasted for two weeks. I ned more of that!

3 Likes

@_Barry it has helped me to get up and go back to bed in the morning. But I have had them at various times. Iā€™ll check into insomnia and yoga Nidra. Andrews new book speaks directly to a number of meditations for dreaming, I wonder if he also has suggestions for insomnia. If not Dr. Rubin Naiman has info on sleep :sleeping:ā€¦

3 Likes

We have a Dream Group where we discuss our dreams. No targets yet, thatā€™s why we asked Andrew for some advice.

1 Like

Andrew is the one that got me started dreaming again. Thanks, for the suggestions, Iā€™ll check them out. Most of my blockages/insomnia are just personal physical problems left over from ā€œa misspent youth.ā€ Working on them with intent.

2 Likes

@_Barry I can totally relate ! Best to you !

3 Likes

(sorry, having user issues - thought replies would embed)

I cracked open my little book ā€œThe Tibetan Art of Dream Analysisā€ by Dr. Nida Chenagtsang and filled it with post-it flags. I want to ask you all if what he says fits with your dream experiences. Super curious!! But thatā€™s for another post.

This book is based on Tibetan medicine (a tantric practice), and has the flavor of Bardo teachings and 6 yogas that Andrew has alluded to.

Specifically, it has a brief section on Dream Work, ā€œActing Out in Group Workā€.

Dream practice can take place either among a group of participants, or a session conducted between the dream healer and the dreamer. There are five main steps to observe: [ lists 5 short steps]

The context is working with a sleep pathology, but I suspect it can be modified as it starts out w/ ā€œthe person focusing on the habitually unpleasant dream.ā€ Change that to the group intent?

Or is this group dream surrogate work? (my new buzzword)

(Have a baby in 1 month with 9 women! Corporate America project planning at its finest, lol)

Not sure if itā€™s OK to scan the 4 short pages, copyright and all.

I suspect itā€™s written in ā€˜twilight languageā€™. Hence the brevity. Also includes ā€œSelf Dream Workā€ in these 4 short pithy pages. Assumes a level of experience.

Lemme know.

1 Like

Hi folks - how are people doing with the flying task? Iā€™m going to provide my report here and move on to a new task:

First, I found some good success with the ordered intentions and visualization practice and became lucid the first evening. I remembered my goal, to fly like an eagle but unfortunately must not have really believed I could because I jumped out head first into the air and fell on my face only to wake up.

On my second attempt, I was able to again remember my goal to fly like an eagle, jumped out the window to fly for a bit, only to lose steam and come to a soft landing on the ground. From there I dropped myself into the ground and into a void.

The third attempt resulted in the greatest level of control over my flight. I lifted off into the air and was using my arms to direct my flight path, only to realize a disconnect between how I was using my arms like wings and the actual direction I was flying in. I was able to improve the ability to really direct my flight path with a vocal reminder that this dream is a mental creation. I soared high up into the sky but when I lost sight of the ground the dream faded.

Very much enjoyed the task, consider me on board for the next one!

3 Likes

@ericspirko Thanks, yes, I am still on it. I managed to become lucid but forgot that I wanted to go fly like an eagle. So I went about exploring the dream lucidly but did not remember the task.
I will now increase the daytime intention practices because I think that I did not do it with enough intensity. I also found yesterday a great youtube video to help with daytime karmic imprinting.

George

7 Likes

I am interested in this but still a novice at dreaming

4 Likes

Some synchronicity happening! Thanks for this @NightHawk999

Many years ago I did a Shamans course, where it first teaches going into trance by a beating drum, visualising a safe entry to the underworld and my first trip was to find my Spirit Animal (totem) guide to use on trips of flying. Mine turn out to be a Golden Eagle and I could fly anywhere always sitting on itā€™s back like it was a huge bird and i had the view point like in the video above. One trip we did took me to the land of dinosaurs as if they still live but on a different dimension. But the main task is to find your lost soul parts, retrieve them, bring them back & integrate them into the Self in waking state. Interesting, Iā€™ve not thought about those days of shamanic journeying work until now with your post. Just this summer a golden eagle started to regularly fly through my garden. :thinking: ?

4 Likes

@NightHawk999 Just to add to previous post ā€¦ this video of Robert Moss explains by way of a true story about retrieval of lost soul parts.

4 Likes