Being attacked and chased in dreams

Hi everyone! For several nights already, I have those intense dreams where a man is attacking me and chasing me while I try to escape.

Sometimes I fight back and I win. Other times I successfully escape.

Do you have some wisdom to offer about those kind of recurring dream situations?

I think I’m missing a message from my unconscious about that. It comes back almost every night for a week.

I hope to get some collective intelligence for that :pray:

4 Likes

Can you give the details of these dreams? Where is it taking place, day/night, emotions and thouhgts you feel, is the man a stranger or someone you know?

The fact that you fight back is a good sign that you are not completely paralyized by fear, and are confronting the fear.

Have you tried becoming lucid, and asking with compassion, “what are you here to tell me?” or what is your purpose?

Approaching these situations with compassion and openess is really important

I think so too, sounds like there is definitely inportant info your unconscious is trying to give you.

4 Likes

This is an immense blessing. When you wake from these dreams try your best not to move and release into the feeling.

Growth on the horizon! :heart::sparkling_heart::heart:

3 Likes

My gut reaction when I read the dream, was there is something in your life that you may be avoiding.

Heres what google said:

Why Am I Being Chased In My Dream? | Sleep Matters Club.

4 Likes

Seems like it may be what Jung would call a Shadow part of your psyche. Perhaps a part that is more aggressive? If you become lucid you could dialog with this part rather than running from it, but you could also do what Jung called “active imagination” where you imagine talking to this guy and write down what he says. Ask him things like, “why are you chasing me?” "What are you wanting from me?"etc. Trust whatever just pops into your mind and write it down.

5 Likes

@becomingo In those dreams, are you lucid or not?

4 Likes

@becomingo
Being chased = seeking to escape
Being attacked = threat from external

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve had a chase dream as an adult but my memory is often like Swiss cheese. Not in the recent past anyway, I’m pretty sure. So after reading this thread I had a dream last night where I was chased in a building by King Kong. Never saw the guy, just the smashing walls and windows. Not sure what I did, but thought it was great when I woke up. I believe your post seeded my dream, even though I spent hours earlier reading Dharma books and doing a Dharma painting. Love how the mind works! Totally inscrutable.

4 Likes

Sounds to me like a lot of power that has been suppressed. You may want to reflect or journal on how you could tap into this power and use it constructively. King Kong Power!

4 Likes

Next time I’ll put on lipstick. After all, “It was beauty killed the beast”

3 Likes

It wouldnt be the first time a pretty face toppled a giant:

3 Likes

Thank you all for your messages, it helped me uncover some parts of the message.

After doing the deeper work, I realised this man who is chasing me is the “Provider” archetype (the Father, the Dominant, the Masculine Authority).

Recently, I am working on integrating that archetype in consciousness. It has been demonized and repressed for all my life, because I had very toxic examples of it as a child.

Today, I am facing this agressive man (the association I was having with the Father, because my father had those unpredictable anger burst when I was kid, and I was terrified of them)

The dreams have stopped last week, and I feel that the integration process have gone well. I am also taking tangible actions in everyday life to take this responsibility of the provider for my family (wife and two young boys).

There are many signs that I am embodying that part of myself. Last week, my wife had a very emotional call with her father, and it came out of this discussion that she wants to stop seeing him as her provider, and she allows me to become that instead. It was very painful for her, but her father was very supportive and was glad that she came to that realisation by herself, without him pushing her (and me) away.

Today, I become the healthy masculine that I was always afraid to become (not to be like my father)

Thank you guys, you definitely played a great role in that transformation :pray:

5 Likes

Glad to hear some big and important growth came from this dream message

3 Likes