Breathe In The Water

I am flying high over a stream that is meandering though the woods at the end of a field. It is spread out below me. I go down to the stream and now it is flowing around my legs. I can feel it. I can hear it. In front of me, upstream, there is a small pool with a tiny beach of golden sand and gravel on the left.

I wade up to the beach where I sit and watch the stream flow by. Upstream the stream bends slightly to the right.and there a small tree has fallen across the water. One of the branches of the tree is hanging down into the stream and bobbing up and down as the water rushes by.

I watch that branch for a while and then walk into the pool in front of me. It is shallow and there are big rocks where the stream breaks into the pool. I slide down under the surface and lay my head between two of those rocks. I look up at the clear blue sky and breathe in the water as the stream flows over me.

I had only just started my training when this dream came…that was just less than a year ago. I went to that stream two nights in a row. The first night as I entered the dream I could see myself standing down in the stream and I became that dream body. The second night was exactly the same except that the stream was empty and I flew down to it.

I have tried to go back there, but…

A few months later I wrote this song.

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing your beautiful dream and your song.
I loved reading your dream share. It has so many details. I’ve had 2 ‘breathing-in-water’ dreams and I found them very powerful. Will try to share them when I’m ready. It’s very late where I am right now.
_/l_

3 Likes

I had a breathing under water dream recently, except I can’t swim, so I felt fear. I was able to transcend it by diving through the soft luminous water and out into the open blue sky. I must say the fear was not as intense as I experience in waking life, if I found myself under water…

4 Likes

Patiently waiting - such a beautiful song. Really cool that you created a song based on your dream.

3 Likes

Thank you for that @kwillisnyc .

1 Like

I can’t believe I missed this when originally posted. 309 songs!

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

Be 310 by the end of the week, Barry.

2 Likes

Will play that number in the daily lottery :grinning:

1 Like

Here’s another Night Club inspired song from my alter-ego.

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

Most recent from Lenny…

1 Like

@Sujata …chuckling at rock star. I’m just an old songwriter with a few guitars and some fancy recording software.

Thanks for listening. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes